43

"Are you ready to go now?"

"Yes. Thank you for your help, Sakura."

Sakura stepped away from [Name] as she finished adjusting the Kouhage's hair, placing her black comb kanzashi in before letting Sasuke get a look at his wife's final appearance.

For Tajima's birthday celebration, [Name] had opted to wear one of her more colourful tomesode kimono, which was a pale salmon pink colour with all of the design splashed across the bottom. The Uchiha clan crest was located on either side of her chest, behind both of her sleeves, and in the center of her back, just above her matching pale gold fukuro obi. Her long, [h/c] hair had been meticulously tied into a low bun, accentuated with her comb kanzashi and only just giving the slightest peek at the back of her dainty neck.

Sasuke continued staring at [Name], unable to express his thoughts. It had been a while since he had last seen her so dressed up, and he had forgotten just how beautiful she could be. Sure, she was beautiful in any form, but seeing her dressed so nicely and formally made a pleasant change; it invoked memories of her style when the pair had first met.

"You two have fun," said Sakura kindly, bending down to pick up Sarada, who had been crawling all over the room while her mother helped do [Name]'s hair. "Shall I prepare dinner for your return?"

"There shouldn't be a need," said [Name], shaking her head as she stood up. "Just make something for yourself. And Sarada."

"Understood. Have a good time."

"Thanks again, Sakura."

[Name] rose to her feet and quietly headed towards the front door, slipping on her wooden geta before stepping out of the house. Sasuke himself was dressed formally, but the dark colours of his outfit stood out greatly against his wife's. As they walked along the dusty footpath towards the location of Tajima's birthday celebration, Sasuke couldn't help but voice his fondness of [Name]'s appearance.

"The tomesode looks good on you," he chuckled, earning a small laugh from [Name].

"I miss my furisode!" whined the Kouhage, swinging her arms back and forth. "I used to love the way the sleeves moved when my arms did!"

"Nonetheless, you look really beautiful, [Name]." The Uchiha's voice softened as he complimented his wife, earning a suspicious look from her.

"What did you do?" she asked slowly, wary of his sudden out of character words. "Is there something I need to know?"

"What? Am I not even allowed to compliment my own wife without it being deemed suspicious?"

"No, wait, I get it. There's something you want me to do, isn't there?"

"Well, even if there was... would you do it?"

"Sasuke."

***

Upon arriving at Tajima's home, where he would be hosting a majority of the clan's upper class members in celebrating his special day, Sasuke and [Name] were greeted at the gates by none other than Izuna, dressed in a dark blue hakama with a black haori to match, which had the family crest on both sides of his chest and in the middle of his upper back.

Unlike several of the other homes [Name] had seen around the compound, that of Tajima and his sons was a grand house that was sealed off from the rest of the clan by gates and fences similar to that of [Name]'s family's, and was a sight that gave her slight comfort through its nostalgic likeness to her home.

"It hasn't started yet?" asked Sasuke as Izuna allowed him and [Name] through the gate, revealing the family garden within.

"No, you're early," chuckled Izuna, indicating for the couple to walk up the footpath towards the house. "You know where the banquet room is, don't you?"