Chapter 10

Chapter 10

-Chance View

For lunch I took Julie to fat burger. She was stuffed. After that she was getting tired so we started back walking to Donald's house.

"Alright munchkin." I said opening the door and closing it.

We walked into her room and I laid her down on the bed. She rolled over hugging her pillow. I walked out and cracked the door. That's when the front door opened and Donald walked in with Ana.

"Someone's got a new bag." I laughed looking at Ana.

"I know Donald bought it for me. Isn't he sweet?"

"Haha no." I said looking at Donald.

"Aye man come out on the back porch." He said and I followed him.

"I'm not happy." He said.

"Julie told me. Ana been bullying you." I laughed.

"It's not even funny man. I treat her right but she doesn't care when I talk unless I'm getting her something."

"She a gold digger."

"No, her dad's got money."

"No her dad's got money, she cashing out on food stamps though." I laughed.

"What ever." He said side eying me. "You know how I grew up in a foster home?"

"Yeah."

"She going to have the nerve to talk about foster kids. Then be like we been together three years. Three years ain't make you forget where I came from." He said raging.

"Awe that's messed up."

"Right and she was talking about getting married when I ain't even pull out a ring for her."

"Ah! Man, you in deep. I'd cut her off quick!" I laughed.

"I bet you would. How's Julie?" He asked.

"Still cute and tiny. She's smart for her age."

"I know. She's so wise and a little hippie." He laughed.

"You sure you wanna be playing this farther roll. I mean how long is she suppose to stay here?" I asked.

"I mean that's my best friend's daughter. I'll do it to keep this girl safe. These foster homes now aren't good. They be treating the kids wrong like they do in retirement homes."

"I feel you."

"Bad part is I don't know how long I'm going to get to keep her. I mean no one came to claim her at all." He said.

"That's sad."

"I know."