Chapter 4.5

Fore A/N: Not BBC, Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy. I Am Complex belongs to Reannah Loera. Originally my readers in FanFiction.Net requested this chapter because Sides contain a lot of time jumps, so I figured I'll post it here too. Enjoy!

:

Chapter 4.5

:

Even the Court Physician, one of the two most knowledgeable people in the whole Camelot, couldn't possibly explain the mystery of Soulpoetries.

An inscription that represented one's very soul, etched on the part of their body that figuratively or quite literally referred to something that was closest to their heart. A trace of darkened skin that looked like dried blood but had no history of injury at all and no possible cause that could make such intricate writings. But most of all, an inscription that could complete another Soulpoetry.

Gaius subconsciously reached to touch the inside of his lower arm, on which, under his tunic, was inscribed 'my past' in a feminine penmanship, its ink already fading with age. He knew out there a certain woman was brewing a potion, probably inside a small house she said she'd always wanted, on which front porch she would build a small stall to sell her potions, her fingers worn with age and on the same exact place on her lower arm a 'does not define me' inscription was written in his own penmanship.

Changing the cloth on Arthur's feverish forehead and adjusted his sitting position, Gaius sighed.

The little young prince was sick today. The blonde, being a young nine years old boy, got involved in some childish immature games that ended with him eating things he shouldn't have eaten, and it fell to Gaius to patiently wait for the young prince's fever to break.

Arthur groaned in his sleep, his brow furrowed in pained as though the inside of his skull was pressing from within.

"It's alright, it's alright," Gaius shushed him gently, turning the cloth to the cold side to reduce his fever.

His eyes travelled to the Prince's right hand, where, under the four rings, was a messy writing that said 'of the same coin.'

Gaius knew it wasn't proper to see someone else's Soulpoetry, but being a Court Physician, some things were bound to be made into exceptions. He practically knew the Soulpoetries of each and every single court members that had ever come to his chamber.

He knew that the late Queen had a 'my innocence' scrabble on the back of her waist, on which she leaned weakly on, baby Arthur cradled in her arms, before she died. As he did know that her reigning husband had an inscription of 'is not ignorance' on the back of his hand, hidden from the world by his favorite pair of leather gloves. As he did know the King's ward had a 'masks a storm' on the back of her neck, hidden underneath her beautiful locks. As he did know the Soulpoetries of each and every Knights that had ever come to his chamber, chainmail tattered and torsos bloodied; each and every kitchen maid that had ever come for his help, face blue from hitting and lips pale from lack of sleep; each and every court members, with their nightmares and old battle wounds and fevers and cloudy sights.

Yet he never knew what made these things tick.

Gaius sighed and wiped the sweat that was forming on Arthur's forehead. He knew some things he must leave for Fate herself to manage.

:

Gaius found out about Merlin's Soulpoetry on the night the warlock took a risk of drinking off the poisoned chalice from Nimueh. Arthur had already gone out the second Gaius told him how to find the antidote to the poison, and it was just him and Gwen. Merlin was already sweating through his shirt and Camelot ceremonial vest and they were trying to take the vest off to prevent the fever from wreaking havoc when Gaius saw it.