Chapter 13

Xavier and I were left alone

Xavier and I were left alone. I was still sat down and he was still standing. Then swiftly he came towards me and bent down. He looked into my eyes as he broke the chains and cuffs. 

"Did you mean it?" His voice invaded my head. "Will you really try and accept your role as Luna...and my mate?" I could hear the hint of confusion and disbelief in his tone.  I nodded. "But why?" 

Because why not?  Maybe this is my fate. Maybe this is what the Moon Goddess has planned for me.

"Maybe." He replied. I narrowed my eyes and tried to figure out if he could hear my thoughts. "I can. Well only sometimes, when you let me."

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

He sat down on the cold floor and spoke out loud. "We all have that telepathic link called the mind-link. As the king," he coughs, "not all can share a constant link with me. It would be far too much. The wolfs of my people can contact me in certain situations, and as I with them. My lycan can open up the mind-link between the wolf and I in these situations when its most needed. It's an important adaptation for me. Then there are some who I have a direct mind-link with at all times. Like my commanders, my Beta and you. But what I have with you is different. You aren't a lycan but the mind-link proves that the bond is formed in the way that you are. Lycans don't really have packs. They communicate with this type of bonds with their group. To do this, they need to trust one another. The confusing thing is understanding how you trust me. You have done so from the very beginning. And as for hearing your thoughts, well they only happen when you don't put a barrier on them. You have to focus and practice in order to stop me from hearing your thoughts. You do it naturally anyway, but sometimes when you are deep in thought I can hear them. It hasn't happened much, don't worry. You are pretty guarded. Maybe its because you put your wolf down quite a lot. She keeps the mind-link strong." I tried to understand the information being given to me.

"How do you know I put her down a lot?" I asked. 

"I feel it. And sometimes, it hurts. I don't know why you do it, but you need to stop. My people and my lycan can fully appreciate and form a bond with our Luna if she is fully both human and wolf. You cannot be a great Luna without your wolf. She is just as much of a Luna as you are." 

"Well, I'm sorry to say that I can't let her out often. I can't control her." I muttered dejectedly. Then I asked: "Can anyone access our thoughts without the bond? As in witches?"

"No, no one can ever know what you think unless they make you verbally say it. Besides the witches are dead." He answered simply but his voice was full of hated. 

"Can you teach me how to do the mind-link the way you can. I want to do it knowingly?"

"It comes with practice, but also it strengthens as our relationship does. Meaning, I can't teach you. You will just have to learn yourself with time."