Parties and Punches

"LYLE!" I screamed. I rushed downstairs towards the sound of dying seals. "I'm going to murder you so hard!"

"C'mon, sis, that doesn't even make sense. You sure that food dye didn't seep into your brain?" My brother, Lyle, responded as his best friend rolled onto the floor laughing at the sight of my green hair.

"Drew, don't you dare encourage him!" I growled, stalking forwards. He jumped to his feet as I approached him, holding his hands up in surrender.

"For the record, it totally wasn't my idea to put food dye in your shampoo," He said.

"Yeah, he wanted to put flour in your hair dryer," Lyle piped up from his position on the couch.

"Dude!"

I couldn't hold in the laugh that escaped me as I took in Drew. He was cute. Definitely cute. I'd had a crush on him for as long as I can remember.

He had dark brown hair that would fall into his chocolate brown eyes. He was lean and muscular due to playing soccer since he was 5.

He turned toward me and grinned. "Awe, don't sweat it, smurf. I think green suits you."

"Smurfs are blue, dork," I laughed but soon stop short when I realized I'm standing in the middle of our living room currently occupied by Drew with green hair. Without so much as another word, I turned on my heel and rushed upstairs with the intention of getting back in the shower. This time with new shampoo.

I made my way downstairs later that day to see my brother and Drew still lounging on the couch.

"Do you ever go home?" I teased as I passed by them on my way to kitchen.

"Let's not pretend, kitten. We all know you can't get enough of my presence," Drew called back, arrogance seeping into his tone.

I scoffed. "Why do you insist on calling me that? it's Alex."

It's actually Alexandria. As in Alexandria Marie Brookes. I've always just gone by Alex, though. Everyone calls me that, well except Drew.

I wasn't exaggerating when I asked if he ever went home. Ever since the start of summer it seems Drew has adopted our house as his own. Not that I'm complaining, of course. School's starting again soon anyways. In two days to be precise, my idiot twin brother, Drew, my best friend Skylar and I will be starting our last year of high school.

Seniors. What a thought, huh? In one year from now I'll be preparing for college at UCLA. Long way from Michigan is what my mom always said. I guess that's kind of the point.

I'd been dreaming about California since I knew where it was. The constant sunshine, the people, the places, the distance.

One way or another, I know that's where I'm going to end up.

"Hey, sis, can you bring out some chips and pop?"

Without a reply I grabbed a bag of sour cream and onion chips and three cans of sprite, making my way back into the living room. I plopped down on the sofa beside Drew and tossed them each a can before opening the chips and passing that down too.

Right as I got settled the front door flew open, revealing a gorgeous brunette.

"WHAT'S UP, FUCKER!"

"Doesn't she know how to knock?" My brother grumbled.

"SKY!" I jumped up, running to greet my best friend. Well, maybe it was a fast walk or a slow jog. You see, I don't do really do running.

"Hey, bitch, looking good!" She said, looking me up and down.

Drew watched us in amusement, chuckling at Skylar before turning his attention back to the tv.