- Chapter 1: Finding Simon -

I feel a shiver down my spine. It's cold, I realize. I walk around Jericho lighting up some fires in empty metal barrels I find around our only safe space. I'm Markus. The leader of Jericho. It is my job to lead everyone towards freedom. It is quite hard if you ask me. On one hand, North, an aggressive and strict former sex android, wants to resolve things the hard way. In other words, violently. On the other hand, Josh, one of my best friends and a former university lecturer, wants to find peace between human and androids. I mean, Simon would like that too. Simon is my best friend and companion. He would never leave me behind and always has my back. But, while trying to gain the human's attention by speaking on live television, he got shot. Our escape route was to jump off the building with parachutes but since Simon was shot, he couldn't make the jump. I was devastated but it was destiny. So we had two choices: we could either kill him on the spot or leave him on the roof to survive with a gun. I chose to leave him with the gun so when the roof is clear and it's dark, he could make his move and come back to Jericho. He still didn't come back. I really hope he's alright.

After making sure everyone's warm and comfortable, I pass by Kara, Alice, and Luther: "Do you need anything?" Kara replies with: "No, we're alright. Alice is a bit cold but thanks to the barrels you lit up, she will get warm in no time. Thank you, Markus." I then stop by Josh and North: "I'm getting worried about Simon. He's taking way too long to come back" I said. "Yeah, me too. Do you think he's dead?" Answered Josh. "He can't be dead. I feel like he's still alive." After a short moment of awkward silence between all three of us, North replied with: "How do you know? He might be laying on a hospital bed getting checked by CyberLife for bugs in his system, bleeding out. You know, we wouldn't have been in this situation if we shot him right then and there." I then frowned at her, walked up to her and smacked her. She deserved it. I could see the surprise and stun on her face. I had to get some fresh air. I didn't even doubt not looking back and walked out of Jericho into the snow.

v NORTH

The snow is so soothing. The feeling of miniature particles of solidified water falling on my head and face calms me down instantly.

"Haah... haah ..." I hear someone panting heavily in the distance. A new android? A new deviant? I hear the snow crunching beneath the feet of the unknown being come closer and closer. It has a weird pattern. As if the being was... Limping. Why do I have this weird feeling in my stomach? Am I nervous? Huh... I see a black vest appear around the corner. I look up from the torso of the android. Pointy chin, thin lips, upturned and fine nose, blue and sunken in eyes, blond and short hair.

"...Simon?"