Charred Rubble and Lost Souls

Joseph stared at the charred house.

The Doctor groaned and rolled his eyes. "Joe! Joseph! Oi! Joey! There's nothing for you there but charred remains."

Steph walked up behind the Doctor. "Poor Joe. He was always a bit of a lost soul. Never really liked him..."

The Doctor looked at her. "Really? Well, maybe I can find someplace to cheer him up. Ever been to space? Nah, didn't think so."

“Space? Of course I haven’t!” Stephanie laughed loudly.

"Yes. Space," said the Doctor. He caught Joe's smile and grinned himself. "Well... Considering you live here, that is to say Earth, and there is nothing wrong with that by the way, you probably never have."

“Right..of course. I want to go. Now.”

"Name a place or time," The Doctor grinned.. "It also travels sideways and up and down."

Suddenly, Joe rose from the rubble and began to walk back to the Doctor and the newbie Steph.

"Joe?" asked the Doctor. "Maybe I should have left you in the forties... At least then you wouldn't be acting like this. Angry, but not like this."

“Oh, don’t you worry. I’m fine now.” Joe’s grin grew. “Let’s go on an adventure to - ”

“Medieval times! I want to go to Medieval times, Doctor!” Stephanie’s face lit up.

Ten nodded. "Well," Ten said suddenly, "let's go see those knights in armour and so on."