Tarot Reading For Beginners

The tarot can be used as a divining tool by reading cards that are selected unseen from a deck, and interpreting the interaction of the cards and their positions in a spread, with reference to issues of importance in your life.

Can Tarot Cards Tell Me My Future?

The tarot can be used to map out trends in your future. It cannot give you definitive answers, but it can tell you what is likely to happen if you follow your current course of action. (It can show that if you keep shutting yourself off from your partner, family members or friends you are likely to continue being unhappy)

How Do I Start Reading Tarot Cards?

The easiest way to learn is to buy a deck of cards that you trust and study the pictures, read informative books about divination, do some practice readings on a trusted friend, partner or family member and bear the cards in mind as you go about your daily life.

Everyday situations may call to mind certain cards, and making these associations will help you to get a feel for the tarot. You may have an better understanding of some cards, whereas it may take you years to gain a deeper knowledge of others. (Reading the tarot cards can be compared to learning a new language.) You begin by studying single cards, as you would learn single words.

You then become aware of how the cards in a spread interact, which can be compared with learning to put single words together to form sentences. Many study the tarot purely for personal use, laying out a spread only when they wish to understand a situation in their lives. The tarot cards can help to clarify what is happening, making their options clearer and giving them the confidence to move on.

Three Card Spread

The easiest spreads to start off with are usually 3 card spreads because
it's the easiest readings to learn, and allows you to do a basic reading in just three steps. You can use this quick method to do readings for a friend, partner or family member and practice your tarot skills.

The three cards can represent:

· Past | Present | Future

· Now | Later | Distant Future

· Head | Heart | Spirit

· You | Them | Us

· Winter | Spring |Summer

· New Moon | Full Moon | Dark Moon

· Situation | Obstacle | Advice

· Strength | Weakness | Advice

· Stop | Start | Continue

· You | Path | Potential

(And many more)