Doctor Who Adventure 3: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

You added to your collection of beautiful landscapes when you saw where the TARDIS had landed.

The sound of waves crashing against a shore blared into your ears as the smell of salt overflowed your nose. Grey sand and aqua blue water filled a deep valley along giant stones covered in moss and vines. But the stones weren’t normal. They were made of shiny crystals that twinkled from the neon blue star lighting the planet. Even though the sun was very bright, the air had a windy chill to it.

You looked at Amy as she gazed at the scene. She went over to the water and put her hand in. “Chilly.” You felt it too. “So how are we going to find Rory?”

“Well, usually I just wander around until I find something.” You shook off the icy salt watered and looked around.

“Just like the Doctor. No plan.” She sighed.

“Better that way.” You turned around. “I found something.”

Amy turned around as well, “That’s something all right.”  

A jagged pointed cliff with dozens of buildings made of the muted silver crystals lunged over more water and more buildings. Hover crafts landed on pads while people with fish like skin emerged from the water. Their scales were made of shiny blues and greens. Their eyes just black dabs in their human like face.

“It’s huge!” She explained. You nodded, there was no end to the city, your eyes searched but the structures kept going.

Without thinking twice you began to walk toward it. If there was any chance to find Rory, it was here.

You and Amy walked along yard wide metal bridges with squishy pads underneath. They reminded you of rugs you’d seen around pools and in showers to stop people from slipping. You then noticed how shiny and slick the fish people’s feet were.

As you strolled by they seemed to notice your glances. Pretty soon you were stopped by a large group of them. Their scales were ink black.

You looked at Amy, Amy looked at you. “Hi.” You said as Amy gave a slight wave. “We’re kinda looking for someone.”

“Yeah my husband.” She chirped in. “He has sandy hair and blue eyes.”

They continued to stare at you with their dark beady eyes. Until one with light blue scales and skin and long deep blue scars stepped forward. “We have your mate.” His voice had a somewhat echo to it.

Amy smiled and almost jumped for joy. “Where is he?!”

Every single last fish person turned their head to the right. When you followed your gaze you saw a tower that went straight into the murky clouds. Somewhere up there it curved and a spherical platform dropped off the edge. Just barley could you see a dark human looking figure on top of it, standing at the very edge.

“Rory.” You both said in a stunned low tone.

Amy zipped back to the fish people. “Why is he up there? Won’t he fall? What have you done?” She demanded answers for all these questions.  

The blue fish man cocked his head and you noticed the sickening thick gooey liquid running down his neck and chest. “You will join him or we will die.”

After that a foggy substance shot out of the fish’s mouth and you smelled a sweet yet salty odor. Your eyes began to lose focus and you would have tumbled if not for strong slick arms grabbing you from behind. The last thing you saw before your mind went blank was Amy, also slumped over and looking at you.