A wish

Hey guys, it's been a long week for me because why? I'm back at school, yay (sarcasm). Today's chapter is a little short but I hope you like it! Next chapter same time next week!

Fuli had made it out of the Pridelands and had now started her mission to take back the Pridelands but so far, no luck. She had been running all day, not to mention she had tried looking for animals that were willing to fight and desperately needed a rest. Every animal that Fuli had asked had told her 'no'.

'Of course they wouldn't fight! They are not Pridelanders and Kion is our only chance of winning back the Pridelands. Ugh! It's as if fate is against me.' Complains Fuli in her head.

Truth be told, she was beginning to feel quite lonely. She missed having her friends with her. Fuli hoped that they were ok. Her eyelids begin to feel heavy but she needed a safe place to sleep. She finds a tree and leaps up onto a branch. As tired as Fuli was, she couldn't get to sleep. With nothing better to do, she begins to sing.

(I feel like this is the kind of song Fuli would sing. Don't judge me for choosing it)
Fuli:
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run
So we'd both be free
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of hope
Side by side with me
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run
So we'd both be free
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree

Fuli drifts off to sleep and dreams of the path that Kion took to wherever he is now. She saw a tree arch that seemed to guide travelers to their destination, then a hill covered in colourful flowers, a grassland area with no trees in sight and a path that stretched as far as the eye could see, a never ending desert with Rocky Mountains and then...an oasis. Fuli's vision takes her deeper inside the oasis and there she sees a lion cub with a red mane.

Fuli wakes up to see it was still night.

"A tree arch, a flower hill, a grassland path, a desert and then an oasis." Fuli remembers the route to find Kion and replays it over and over until she could remember it all.

Fuli then thinks about all her friends. Were they ok? She soon found her paw touching her mark and she has a vision. She sees Bunga, Beshte and Ono in the lair. They looked terrible. Beshte's stomach was covered in leaves and vines, Ono's feathers were ruffled and a few have been plucked out, and Bunga? He was by far the worst. If it wasn't for his gentle intakes and outtake a of breaths, you would say he is dead.

"Will they be alright?" Asks a voice.

Fuli looks in another area of the lair. She saw Kiara and Kovu talking to Rafiki and Makini.

"Ono's taken quite a few scratches from the vultures and has lost a few feathers but he'll be fine. Beshte's injuries were quite serious, but he'll live. And Bunga? There's not much we can do." Says Rafiki.

'Not much to do?! Bunga risked his life to save mine! It should be me there not him! There's got to be something!'

No matter how loud Fuli screamed, Rafiki couldn't hear her. Tears fill her eyes as she screams and swears in frustration and guilt.

"I fear he won't last long..." Says Rafiki sadly.

'RAFIKI! DON'T YO DARE LET HIM DIE!'

Fuli continues her screaming until a voice calms her down. It was Bunga's.

'I can hear you, ya know?' He says through thought.

Fuli would've cried if she wasn't already. 'Oh Bunga, I'm so sorry for this.'

'Hey, Hakuna Matata.' Bunga says weakly, trying to make this a light hearted moment.

'Bunga, this is serious. You are hurt because of me!'

'It's ok Fuli. I'll have my chance at kicking hyena and jackal butt soon but if I don't, I know you will.'

Before Fuli could argue, Bunga stops talking through thought and Fuli stops the vision. She could feel anger pumping through her veins. If Bunga dies...the ones who did that to him...she will have revenge. Fuli looks up at the sky and sees a star fly across the sky. She wished that Bunga will stay alive until she got back. All she could do now was hope.