Escape?

You struggled against the ropes once again as they're were starting to hurt your bruises. You really had nothing better to do honestly since you couldn't go home.

'Huh, guess Ernesto really meant it when he said there was no going back.' You thought skeptically. But at the same time you hadn't left Miguel and that was important to you. Suddenly you heard voices outside the door.

"Don't I know you?" Ernesto's voice seeped through the door and you rolled your eyes. He was probably talking to some girl. You heard a loud smack and a smirk crossed your lips.

"You go girl." You uttered quietly. Just then you heard someone start to shout.

"That's for murdering the love of my life!" You frowned. 'Who?'

"She's talking about me!" Someone said after you heard Ernesto stumbling over his words. "Im the love of your life?" The male voice asked as though he was touched.

"I don't know I'm still mad at you." Came an annoyed reply.

Those voices were so familiar. The male's caught your attention the most.

"Wait Hector?! How did you-" Another loud smack sounded before you could even think.

"And that's for trying to murder my grandson!"

"Grandson?!" Ernesto asked confusedly.

"She's talking about me." That voice rang out clear as a bell. It was miguel.

"You! Wait, you're related to hector?" Ernesto seemed confused and truthfully you were just as lost but you didn't waste time in trying to think.

"Help!" You shouted loudly.

Suddenly the door slammed open only to reveal Ernesto. He slammed it closed before anyone could stop him and ran over. Immediately seized you by the ropes.

"What are you doing?" He growled.

"Seizing my moment?" You retorted with a small smile.

Ernesto took in a breath looking very much like he was about to hit you but paused soothing out his hair he walked to his desk drawer camly.

He pulled out a very decorative knife and turned it in his hands. Walking back to you he pulled you to your feet and pressed the knife against your wounded neck. You tensed nervously and Ernesto smirked.

"Easy chica it's only for the show." He opened the door with a smile.

"Mi amigos. I'm sure you've already met my charming granddaughter. " He said pushing you forward abit. The knife still dangerously close.

Everyone gasped and backed away cautiously like he held a bomb. You smiled nervously.

"Uh hey guys."

"Now I'd love to stay and chat but I have a show soon and I'd hate to miss it. I was going to have her debute later on but I suppose now is a good time."

"Ernesto She's a child." Hector pleaded quietly.

"Yes. And a very gifted one at that." Ernesto agreed as though he was having a simple chat with an old friend under normal circumstances. "And I'd hate to have to hurt her after all she has my eyes." He said tilting up your chin to show your eyes more clearly. Now that hurt. Hector put up both his hands warily.

"Just let her go." At which Ernesto scoffed.

"And lose everything?! You always were a bit of an idiot hector." Ernesto then pushed you down the hall a little. "Now if you'll excuse us."

Your eyes locked onto Miguel's and relief flooded over you. He wasn't hurt. And for some reason that's all that really mattered right now. He wasn't hurt.

Miguel looked terrified and as you walked away you felt like this was all your fault. You knew really it wasn't but you did contribute. Not that it mattered anymore. You'd preform with your great great grandfather tonight, your life would end, and maybe Miguel would leave in time.

But then again that's all you really wanted.