Sword and Shield

Running up to the top of the stage, Sera attempted to kill the chieftain instantly so that the men behind her could be spared. However, things didn't go quite as planned as not only was this goblin bigger, but it was apparently a better warrior than the others as well as it deflected her sword's thrust to the side with it's shield before raising it's ax and swinging at her. The attack was wild and sloppy, but the ax was large enough that it could kill Sera instantly if she weren't careful.

Narrowly dodging the unexpected attack, Sera recovered immediately before attempting to attack the chieftain again, and again her sword was deflected by the shield before she had to take a step backwards as the ax crashed to the ground at her feet. That attack would have most likely split her right down the middle, but Sera didn't think about that as she moved in again, aiming for the chieftain's legs this time as everything else was covered by it's shield. Though when she attempted it, a sudden magic barrier was somehow deployed from the shield, capturing her sword in the air and forcing her release it in order to jump back as another swing of the chieftain's ax flew through the space that her head had only just previously occupied.

Now disarmed, Sera raised her arm to her back and slowly drew the rusty sword that she'd gained from the previous dungeon. It was the only weapon that she had other than the dagger on her belt, and she didn't want to risk using that just yet as the range of the chieftain's ax would most likely cut her in half before she even drew close. She couldn't afford to underestimate her opponent, and Sera knew this now as she stepped in close to the chieftain to attack, only for it to make her back away once again as it swung it's ax.

However, this was the opportunity that Sera had been hoping for as she stepped forward immediately afterwards, catching the chieftain while he was recovering from the swing as she attempted to stab his shoulder. Though, in incredible display of both speed and power that shouldn't have been capable for a goblin, the chieftain somehow managed to block her strike with it's shield. However, when it did, both of them were suddenly shocked as a blinding light flared up between them and Sera felt something crack on her sword.

She's already known that the rusty blade wouldn't be able to hold together in combat, though now as Sera looked at it, she was amazed to see that the only thing that had broken on the sword was the rust that had been once been clinging to it. Now, the blade seemed to glow as the enchantments in it flared to life, revealing the golden and jewel encrusted hilt that soon gave away to what must have been a blade made out of pure true-silver. And just as the sword shined in her hand, so do did the shield that the chieftain was holding as the dirt was blasted off of it from it's own enchantments activating.

Any grime on the shield was blasted away, much to the surprise of the chieftain holding it as it's crest was finally revealed in what looked like a dazzling display of both gold and obsidian in the shape of a sun rising over a black ocean. Most of the shield seemed to be covered in true-silver just as the sword was, making Sera immediately think that they were both a part of a matching set.

Broken out of her trance by the chieftain suddenly yelling, Sera managed to avoid yet another swing of his ax before she lunged at him again. And as the sword struck the shield once more, the stage around them suddenly seemed to detonate as the wood instantly turned into thousands of deadly wood splinters that flew off in all directions, shredding any goblins that were unfortunate enough to be standing nearby.

"This-?!" Sera said in complete surprise, marveling at the power of the enchantments on the blade. Though the shield was just as impressive for blocking the attack... if only it weren't being held by an enemy... This was the equipment that she was hired to bring back to the demon king, and if she could manage it, she possibly wouldn't have to do this kind of thing again for the rest of her life. But more importantly, she needed to end this fight now before the goblins completely overwhelmed the mercenaries distracting them behind her.

Ignoring the shield for now as she knew that she wouldn't be able to get past it easily, Sera let out a battle cry as she charged towards the chieftain again, only this time instead of attempting to jump backwards to evade the ax's deadly swing, she leaned into it. And as the ax's head narrowly missed her own head, she brought the sword forward and severed the goblin chieftain's arm, making it cry out in pain and cower behind it's shield.  Though in it's attempt, it backed away unconsciously with one of it's feet falling through the destroyed section of stage before it landed on it's back several meters below Sera.

Seeming to be slightly stunned, Sera didn't hesitate to take the opening before she jumped down from the stage and fell to the ground beside the chieftain, stabbing it through the chest in the process. And even though it was a fatal wound through the heart, the chieftain still had some life still inside of it as it hit Sera on her side with the shield, somehow sending her flying several meters through the air until she crashed onto the ground soon after. She'd involuntarily released her grip when she was hit, causing her sword to go clattering to the ground several feet away. However it strangely seemed to stand back up along with her before it flew through the air by itself until it was back inside of Sera's hands. And not only she was shocked by the display, but the chieftain seemed to be as well before his entire body started shaking violently. And after coughing up a good amount of blood, his body suddenly became still and Sera was surprised to see something begin to twist the goblin's body in circles.

With it's wielder having perished, the chieftain's shield now seemed to react uncontrollably, twisting itself off the deceased chieftain's arm before it started spinning rapidly in the air by itself, soon rotating so fast that it seemed to become translucent. And as it rose further into the air, the shield stopped spinning just as suddenly as it had started before shooting through the air towards Sera.

Letting out a short shout of surprise as the shield latched to her arm, Sera started to become worried that it was cursed before the sound of fighting drew her mind back to more important matters. And so, after walking over to where the chieftain's body had landed, she removed his head before climbing back onto the stage and lifting it above her for everyone to see.

"Hey!" Sera called out for the goblins attention. "You're chieftain is dead, and you'll all be next!"

While her attempts didn't work at first, as soon as the first goblin had turned around to see what she was holding up, almost all of the goblins seemed to instantly realize what had happened. And after noticing that their leader was dead, all of the goblins that were once swarming over the mercenaries were now streaming away from both the remains of the stage and even the village itself as they scattered in every direction in an attempt to get away. And while Sera was glad that she'd managed to kill the chieftain before all of the men that had followed her perished, that feeling was instantly deadened as she looked over to see the survivors from the conflict. All three of them.