lll - Prowling

A/N: Don't be a Silent Reader and Enjoy 

         Song: Paramore - Boring Brick By Boring Brick 

        My heels clicked sharply along the stone floor as I entered the office building that I ran. My company was in the industry of electronics. One of the fastest growing industries. I shrugged my jacket off once I reached the inside. It was chilly outside due to the fact that it was winter. 

        I strode easily through the building and everyone that was a wolf dipped there head and I nodded in response. The company was owned by me while I had to take on a board because I wasn't always at the dispose of the company. It was a hassle they were all human, working with other wolfs on that type of level was strenuous to say the least. 

        Stepping into the elevator Six followed me he pressed the top floor and I leaned on the railing and took deep breathes. He turned and looked at me. Concern was etched into his features, and I waved my hand trying to get him to stop fussing over me. 

         "You'll run yourself into the ground if you keep going this way," he stated and I just looked at him. He looked back and I smirked, still on of the gustiest bastards that I knew. Drawing a hand shortly through my hair I tried to relax my wolf. 

        "It's nothing that you need to worry yourself about," I told him. 

        "That's what you always say before something bad happens and I am left to clean up the mess," he said and walked closer towards me caging me against the wall. 

        "And you should be honored to clean up my mess," I told him placing a hand on his chest and giving him a gentle but firm push away from me. The door dinged open a couples second afterwards. 

         I walked out the doors and he walked behind me, glaring at the human males that were looking at me. We may not be bound but we did have something. Not fuck buddies but something close to that but there were feelings that both... well I didn't want to address anytime soon. 

       Was I avoiding something that we should be talking about, maybe but that doesn't mean I didn't think about it. Six was like me boundless but his didn't reject him, she was murder during an attack, by a coven of Vampires. Not something uncommon. I mean us children of the moon as some like to think us always fighting with our sibling the children of the night. 

          Which touches the fundamentals of the werewolf's belief in their birth. Considering some believe it to deal with the Vampires that plague our world. And thus we were created to stop them from harming the defenseless humans. But that was all something that Wolfs liked to believe in. 

       I believed in only three thing... Money, Myself and Six. Was that a bleak outlook, I don't really know and don't care to know either. I'd been burned by the one that was supposed to be my everything. I was a little hurt still... 

     Pushing the doors to the conference room open the murmured voices of the humans stopped and I smiled inwardly. Walking towards the chair that was in front of the table of multicultural men and two women. My legs crossed Six stood by the door, he was ever watchful. 

       "How good of you to join us Ms. Faye," said a man to my right. He was chubby and round his beady eyes looking at my through his glasses.

        "I had prior engagements that I had to attend, I am sorry that I couldn't grace you with my presence sooner," I told him and he almost turned red in the face. But someone interrupted him before he could continue along with his little relation. 

        "No that Ms. Faye is here I suggest that we start the meeting," one of the women threw in and I looked at her name tag. Eveline McRoy, I nodded in her direction and she smiled. Considering that she was one of the younger people on this board I am sure my praise was much appreciated by her.