Dual Loki

Fury was surprised when the Avengers returned and told him that the Raven was in fact Loki, and he had helped them take down the Circus of Crime. "So, he's here in Frankfurt?" Fury asked.

"Well, technically, we don't know where he is anymore," Tony said hesitatingly. Fury's eyebrow went up and he looked around.

"We talked to him, just trying to reconnect, and he got angry. Maybe, he thought that we were just trying to convince him that nothing had happened and we wanted everything to go on like it was before Amora," Steve said. Fury's eyebrow went up and even Coulson made a face.

"Isn't that what you want to happen?" Fury asked.

"No sir," Clint said. "We know things can't be like what they were before. Loki's a teenager now, his knowledge has grown, and he's seen things. Plus, he remembers very clearly what happened before. We lied to him, not trusting him to make a different decision when confronted with the truth." Fury steepled his fingers and looked around. This topic was close to the Avengers' hearts. They wanted Loki back, but they did not want him to feel forced or coerced in any way, shape, or form.

"Well, now that you know he's in the area, I recommend that you keep your eyes out for him. If you run into him again, you might have to force him. The kid running around without supervision is dangerous," Fury said. Tony and Thor rolled their eyes, while everyone else sighed. It had been good to see Loki again, but he had run from them like he was still angry at them. Could he still be mad at them? After six years? It was a puzzle, but hopefully, they would figure it out.

Loki skateboard around Frankfurt, looking for a place to hang out until he could figure out a way to ditch his friends. Funny. I call them friends in my mind, and yet, I run from them like they're diseased, Loki thought.

But remember. They lied to you! Hid the truth from you and they expected you to be happy with that? another voice asked him. Loki hated that voice. His nagging voice. Even though he had successfully gotten rid of Amora's hold over him, he had unlocked another person. He past adult self: the manipulating, conniving, and lying God of Mischief. This figment of his mind, Loki had sarcastically christened Ikol.

"What would you know? You never had friends. You always lied to Thor, and the Warriors Three, and Sif! No wonder nobody liked you," Loki said as he used his magic to unlock an abandoned building. Loki entered and closed the door behind him. He put his skateboard on the ground and shoved off. He was too wired to go to sleep, so, he rode around, jumping over desks, boxes, and other things.

I know how to read people Loki! Something you are not good at all! Look how easily both the Avengers and the Enchantress used you! Ikol told him.

"Well, I can blame you for the Enchantress part. Seriously? Sleeping with the Goddess of Jealosy? Lame-o!" Loki responded hotly as he did a flip off a wall.

She had a purpose to serve. A purpose for me. So, I simply goaded her into using her skills to suite my needs, Ikol answered.

"Gee. That sounds like manipulation, abuse of power, and lying. No wonder she went after me. Of course, you're such a genius, you didn't know she would do that!" Loki snapped cuttingly. He accidentally slipped and hit a box, knocking it over. Loki cried out and saw that he had completely forgotten about his arm. He growled something to himself and bandaged it up. He waited for Ikol to say something to him, but no response came to his last retort. Loki hoped that he had silenced him. Once he had tended to his arm, Loki picked up his skateboard and went up a flight of stairs until he reached an office area. Old desks stood in rows, dusty chairs, and boarded windows. Loki walked straight back to the main office, and closed the rusty door behind him. Finding an ancient, and creaky sofa, he laid down on that.

When Loki closed his eyes, he saw the Avengers in his dreams. And he saw the memories he had been blocking out for the last couple of years. He remembered being introduced by Clint to Assassins Creed. All the fun they had playing it. He recalled wrestling Thor and Steve in the training room, using his abilities of teleportation to escape their grasps. Loki remembered when Tony asked for his help on upgrading his suit's weaponry, and they had stayed up late into the night updating it. Natasha would train him, but then, she also played chess with him. Both their minds were keen and suited for this challenge. Their games were always intense and they would attract audiences. Finally, Loki remembered Bruce. The scientist and the quiet one. Bruce would always intellectual discussions with him, and then they would do crazy experiments together. Loki remembered that Bruce had helped him build a volcano, and they had sent off the smoke detectors in one of Tony's labs. Loki found himself smiling in his sleep, but that was when Ikol decided to speak again. You can't hide from what you used to be. You will always be the God of Mischief! You can never change that! Ikol told him.

"Yes, maybe I will always be the God of Mischief, but, I can change what kind of mischief," Loki responded.