I have to sleep here?

Chapter 2

I have to sleep there?

"Isa, are you even listening to me?" I looked up to meet my brother's angry eyes in the rearview mirror. Alejandro's been pissed ever since the incident at the train station where he freaked out about me talking to Drake. He'd been lecturing me the whole car ride on who I 'can' and 'cannot' talk to. Apparently I could talk to only the people he 'approved' of and Drake was far off that list.

"No." I found no point in lying. It was obvious that I'd been ignoring him the whole ride. I didn't really mind him being the one to be picking me up, but I did mind him bringing his friends along for the ride in the already small and crappy car, and even having the audacity to lecture me in front of them.

"Isabella, don't make me stop this car!" He hollered. I rolled my eyes. Who died and made him parent? Oh yea....

"Leave me alone Alejandro! I haven't even been here an hour and you're already being a jackass!" I hissed.

Alejandro turned around in his seat faster than I'd ever seen him move before. His eyes flamed with uncontained fury and his face screamed murder.

"Let's get something straight, right here, right now." he said, his voice loud and deadly. Alejandro lifted one finger, counting off. "Firstly, no cussin'. You're my little sister, and I don't wanna hear none of that foul language comin' out your mouth. Second," He lifted his second finger and waggled it in front of me."When I tell you to do something, DO it. I don't want to hear any arguing complaining, or backtalk. Just listen to what I have to say and we'll be fine. Everything I tell you to do is for your own good anyway. Thirdly," He lifted another finger. "Under NO circumstance will you talk to that boy or any of his associates. Ever. If you do, I will kick your sorry ass all the way to Timbuktu. Understood?" I quickly nodded my head.

"Good. Now. PUT ON YOUR SEATBELT!"

In a panic I reached for my seatbelt and clicked in into place.

Alejandro smiled satisfied.

"Good girl."

The car fell into an awkward silence, Alejandro and his two friends made no effort to start conversation until the ride was halfway over.

---

"Isa. Come on." I opened my drowsy eyes. Sleep clung to my every movement as I struggled to meet Alejandro's eyes.

"I have another rule." He said his eyes boring into mine.

I nodded; scared already he would do his angry freak out thing. I thought he was trouble three years ago, but his looks and mannerism showed that now he was meaner and tougher than he ever was before.

"We're about to see dad. He's not doing so good. See that house?" He pointed to the house behind him. We were currently in the driveway.

It looked like crap. The grass was dead, littered with cigarette butts and glass bottles. It was in serious need of a paint job. And some mold removal. And a few renovations. Never mind, the house has seen its days; it needs to be burnt down and remade.

"I don't want you to ever go into there. Not to see dad or any other reason they come up with. Got me?" I nodded slowly. Somehow serious Alejandro was way scarier than spitting mad Alejandro.

"Good. Now let's go."

Suddenly, the front door of the house opened.

Out came a familiar figure. One I hadn't seen in 3 years.

I stepped out onto the graveled drive way and was immediately greeted by my dad. I'd seen my brother at the funeral. Even though my brother had huge scarred up muscles, a purple do-rag on, and a mean-looking scowl on his face, he looked way better than my dad.