Chapter 2 : The Dinner

To say i was nervous was an understatement. I was fucking nervous as hell!  Carter Wilson was going to be in MY house, eating dinner with MY family. 

I actually almost fainted when Juanita told me the news but was able to uphold myself. Right now i was staring at myself in front of my mirror. 

For the dinner  i chose to wear a strapless navy blue dress that fell just above my knees with a pair of black heels. My brown reddish hair was curled and cascaded down my back in waves. My parents had always scolded me for not dressing appropriately whenever they had people over for dinner, so i decided that for once i would obey their rules. 

Sighing i heade downstairs  to the kitchen where Juanita was. Whatever she was cooking smelled like heaven. 

'' Ah Hope, do you mind bringing the bread basket to the table? Your parents always hate it when i forget.'' She smiled sheepishly at me. 

I nodded and brought the bread into the dinning room. The table was set for six instead of the usual five whenever the Wilson's came over. 

Just as i was about to head back to the kitchen i heard the familiar clacking of my mother's heels. That meant my parents were already home. 

My mother graciously walked into the room like there was a crowd. I rolled my eyes. 

'' Sweetie why didn't you wear the red dress instead? You know blue is not your color.'' That ladies and gentlemen is my mother. The women who gave birth to me but yet did not raise me. 

I'm pretty sure i've never heard anything else come out of her mouth than rude comments directed towards me. 

'' I at least put on a dress didn't I ?" I sneered at her in reply. She only sighed and left the dinning room. 

My blood was boiling. No matter what I did, I was still not able to live up to my  mother's expectations. Ever since the accident my parents were distant from me, taking on more cases so they wouldn't have to see me. I only reminded them of him. 

I heard the doorbell ring and suddenly became nervous. Straightning out my dress , I put on a fake smile and headed towards the entrance. 

At first i saw the familiar faces of Mr and Mrs. Wilson. Then i saw him. 

He was standing next to his parents with a bored expression on his face. I had to admit. He looked hot. 

'' I'm sure you two remember Hope'' said my mother. I smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Wilson and shook their hands. 

'' Well Hope you look more mature than the last time i saw you.'' Mrs. Wilson always had the tendancy to say the exact same thing whenever she saw me. 

'' Why thank you Mrs. Wilson'' I replied. My eyes averted to Carter's who was smirking at me. I quickly looked away. 

My parents and the Wilson's moved over to the living room leaving Carter and I alone. 

'' So you're the daughter my mom is always talking about.'' Carter was still smirking at me when he said that. 

'' Um we should go join our parents.'' Before I could move he backed me up against the wall. 

My breathing became uneven as he ran his hands down my body. He looked up into my eyes with a piercing gaze. 

'' You know, you're a lot more..... innocent than I had imagined. From all the things my mom says, she made you out to be more of a fireball than socially awkward nerd'' he whispered in my ear. 

I hesistated to push him away until I heard my mom call us for dinner. I literally ran out of the room. 

I don't know how I'm going to survive this dinner. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner went surprisingly well except for the times that Carter tried to trail his hands up my leg. My parents were that stupid to sit us next to each other. 

Every time i kicked him in the shin he only smiled and raised his hand up more. It was the most nerve racking dinner ever. 

Right now we were in the living room. I had chosen to stay as far away from him as possible but today was just not my day. 

I am sitting next to Carter fucking Wilson who won't stop touching my leg! It's like it's a game to him or something. 

I was so out of it that I didn't hear what my mother said. 

'' Hope did you hear me?" she asked. I turned my attention to her and found that everyone was looking at me like a nut case. 

''Hmm what did you say.......?". She gave me a dissaproving look. 

'' Carter here just invited you out for ice cream. I was thinking it would be great if you two kids got to know each other better.'' My eyes widened at what she said. 

I looked at Carter who had a mischevious look on his face.I'm sure there wouldn't be any real ice cream involved in this. 

'' Oh no mom, i have to study and-

She cut me off. '' Hope, go have fun. Just don't be home past curfew.'' Yeah like I had one. I tried to argue with her but her glare was scarier than a freaking serial killer. 

Sighing in defeat I got up to go get my jacket. I put it on and whirled around to face Carter. 

'' You don't have to take me to go eat '' ice cream''. If that was even your real intention.''  He still had that stupid smirk on his face. 

'' Princess, I'm going to make sure you have the night of your life. And trust me, any girl would be dying to be in your position right now.'' 

I took a step forward. '' Yah well I'm not every girl.''

With that being said I opened the front door hoping that tonight wasn't going to end up being crazy. 

Oh what am I thinking! Nothing is not crazy with Carter Wilson in the picture. 

I hope that i at least get some reads on this. Idk vote and comment. I'm not gonna say a bunch of thank you's to people who don't even exist.