Replacement - Sharrkan x Reader

(y/n) was a simple woman, living in Sindria since its creation. During all those years, she had known every general, befriended them, she even gained a special place in the palace thanks to that. In exchange, she helped them whenever they needed. And during all those years, she saw herself falling head over heels for their stupid swordsman, Sharrkan. 

She was helpless whenever they trained together, she would furiously blush whenever he touched her to rectify her posture. She was madly in love and just being with him warmed her heart. (and face lol)

One day, she finally had the courage to tell him, and he reciprocated her feelings. She didn't believe it at first, she was waiting for a rejection, but it never happened. She always thought that he was too perfect for her, but... He accepted ! She was the happiest girl on Earth.

But her happiness didn't last long. After four months of pure happiness, she noticed how close he was to Yamuraiha, she noticed how he would steal a glance at the beautiful witch whenever she was in the room. She noticed the look in his eyes when he looked at the magician. He had never looked at her like that. She noticed how everyone saw them as a couple even though no one voiced their thoughts, except Pisti who always covered her mouth in hope that the (h/c) woman didn't hear her. Said woman kept her smile up, even though she felt like her heart was shattering.

"Right... He looks better with her" (Y/n) thought, she felt like crying, but everyone was there. She couldn't tear up in front of everyone. Excusing herself, she got up and walked outside the room, it was too suffocating. She progressively started running towards her bedroom, the tears she tried so hard to hold back began to fall down like the rain on a stormy night.

Her back to the door, she slid down, hiding her face into her knees. She knew, she knew since the beginning that he didn't love her like she loved him. And it broke her heart.

It was even worse than that.

He had never loved her.

He was in love with someone else... He was just seeing Yamuraiha in her...

She knew since the beginning. But she didn't want to believe that...

However, she couldn't deny it forever. She had to confront him eventually... But how? She was so ashamed of herself she just wanted to disappear. She felt like a villain from a fairytale trying to separate two soulmates out of jealousy. 

She heard footsteps coming towards her room, she froze, trying to stop her tears and sniffles.

Someone knocked on her door. "(y/n) are you okay ?" a voice she knew too well asked. He really sounded concerned. It hurt her more than anything, why was she so in love? Covering her mouth with her hands, she remained silent. She knew that her voice would break if she talked. She waited for what seemed like forever before he left with a sigh.

She stayed in her room all day, telling the maid she wasn't hungry.

It was childish and immature, but (y/n) decided to just ignore the man who broke her heart, not wanting to see him. She wasn't yet ready to confront him. Sinbad was the first one to notice her sudden change. Her once lively eyes became more and more dull as time passed by and her bright smile lost its intensity. She tried to mask it all, but of course, her king saw right through her. She denied everything when he asked her if something was wrong. He already knew, why was he asking anyway?

She did a perfect job at avoiding Sharrkan, until the mahrajan... She drank a bit too much, hopelessly trying to forget everything and of course, he had to see her in this state. Thankfully (or not), the only thing she said to him was how she hated him and what a coward he was. He tried to talk to her, he didn't understand why she was spitting venom at him. "Get the fuck away !" she yelled as he looked at her with widened eyes. Even though he wanted to understand what was happening, he did as she told, his mind filled with confusion, thinking that it was just because of the alcohol.

That night, she intoxicated herself with alcohol and she would have had collapsed if it weren't for Masrur who stopped her and gave her glasses of water. He stayed with her until the end, worried about her health, as she was ranting about how life was so unfair...

The next morning has been hell for (y/n), she sat on her bed, groaning as she felt her head pounding like crazy because of all the alcohol she drank. She heard someone knocking on her door "come in." she said in a raspy voice. After a second, Masrur entered the room with a food tray in his hand, telling her that she should eat. She sighed, not feeling like eating, as she saw him putting the food tray on her nightstand. He didn't say a word until he reached the door and said "You should talk to him". For a short moment, (y/n) was confused, not knowing what he was talking about, and then, realization hit her, she buried her face under her pillows. Sharrkan, he was talking about Sharrkan she must have told him about him in her drunken state.

Straightening up, she took a deep breath. "He's right. I can't run forever..." she told herself.

She walked towards the silver scorpio tower, where she knew she would find the swordsman. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw his figure, her breathing becoming more and more shallow as she looked at him. She wanted to cry. "How pathetic" she thought. She started to turn away when he said her name.

"(Y/n) wait !" She froze. What was she supposed to say now?

"Is something wrong ? You've been avoiding me for five days ! Did I do something wrong?" he asked, waiting for answers. She took a deep breath, and turned to face him. Their eyes met for long seconds before she broke the contact, looking down. Sharrkan wanted to caress her cheek as an act of recomfort, but she rejected it and took a step back. Looking back at his emerald eyes.

"Have you ever loved me?" she asked in a whisper. Her face contorted in a heartbroken expression.

She started to laugh when she didn't hear any answer, but it wasn't a joyful laugh, no, it was everything but cheerful.

"I knew it..." She said, tears starting to fall. She rubbed her eyes, trying to make them disappear. "I'm so, so stupid to believe you would love me..."
"(Y/n)..." Sharrkan started to say.
"Don't touch me !" She yelled at him and he backed away. He knew it was his fault, he knew he shouldn't have had accepted her feelings when she confessed. She didn't deserve that.

"I'm so sorry (Y/n)..." he said in a sincere and concerned voice. He truly felt sorry for what he did to her. He thought he could love her, but it wasn't working. He just fell harder for the aqua magician instead.

She wanted to insult him, to curse him, to hate him... But she couldn't.

She was still so madly in love...

_____
Sorry not sorry ! 
I'm suprised I haven't found any angst with Sharrkan, he's so in love with Yamuraiha that it's kind of easy to think of a sad fiction about unrequited love...
I couldn't think of anything but an angst. He belongs to Yamuraiha lmao