Chapter 16

We arrived at a small house that hid in a set of woods. A short girl stood in the door way of the house. A police car parked in the drive way. Salem got out of the car rushing for the girl.

“What happened?” He asked as I began to get out of the car, he was already there at the girls side trying to push past her to get inside the house.

“The damn idiot called the police here for something while he was drunk. Apparently it was something bad cause they showed up and wound up wanting to take him in to the jail. Gabriel is refusing to go.”

Salem sighed in annoyance. “Damn fucker.” Salem then turned to me wrapping me in his arms. “Come on, Love, I need to go take care of my older brother.”

We walked into the house together followed by the girl. We then found two police officers arguing with a young man who looked very handsome but I could tell that this was Salem’s older brother. Salem went up to his brother pulling him back.

“Gabriel go!” He growled at his brother. “Go with the officers. I know you need to take care of us but listen to me, I can take care of our sisters, don’t worry about that.”

Gabriel, Salem’s brothers, sighed heavily and walked over to the officers before he took Salem by the shirt whispering. “Keep them safe, Say, I don’t wanna loose them like we did mom and dad.”

Salem looked away.