Four

It wasn't thirst that woke me this time, it was footsteps. I don't know how they woke me because as they apprached I realized that the feet they belonged to barely made a noise when they touched the ground. Even though my hearing had impoved dramatically I couldn't tell how many people were apporaching. They were silent. I listened for drumming or breathing sounds an heard none. This made me sit up in bed. What person could walk but have to heart beat? Maybe it was the guard I had killed coming to exact revenge on me. I buried my head in my hands. If I ever got the chance I would apologize to his family. But I probably wouldn't even get a trial. The footsteps stopped outside my door. Whoever it was tried to open the door at first but couldn't due to the fact that I had blockaded it with things I had in my room. It was only when I heard the objects scratch across the floor and the door being opened the I looked up. No human could have moved all of that. It must be the dead guard. Even though I was now a monster and had killed him o was scared. I had never heard of the dead rising. Matter of fact I had never even heard of a monster like me till a day ago.

Bastet was the first to walk in followed by her other two companions. She smirked when she saw me in bed. I knew I looked a mess with blood still covering my face. "Well well we saw the mess you made. Neith is beside herself with anger. She has been cursing us the past couple of days you've been...asleep" Bestat purred. A couple days? I had been out that long since I remember them trying to drown me? "Days?" I asked. Bestat walked over to the  broken bathroom door. She touched the half torn out hindges that had once held the door. "You've kept busy. But yes. Days. We didn't exactly know how long it would take to make one of you" she said. Anuket had come over and sat on the edge of the bed.  She motioned as to touch my face but seemed to change her mind and let her hand drop back into her lap. "Neith was upset with the fact that you might not make it. And when you woke and fed without help. She was furious that we hadn't been with you" said Anuket. Even though both women had entered my room Anhur had chosen to stay and lean against the doorway. "Neith's worried. She cares about you" he stated simply. I got the feeling Anhur was upset with me. He refused to look at me when speaking. "The guard, I hadn't ment to hurt him. I didn't want too. I didn't know. I was just thirsty" I said. I could feel myself getting worked up again and had to focus on keeping myself from crying in front of the gods.
Bestat started riffling threw draws pulling out different items of clothing. " For now we will care for you. Your now a new born vampire and you'll need to be taught to control yourself. Though your much stronger than we thought you'd be" Bestat had paused in her search when she spoke. It seemed she like looking at the different things the drawers held.  "What is a vampire" I asked.  I had never heard of the term before. So the monster I had become was called a vampire. Anuket placed her hand on my back. "You are no longer human. You won't age or bare children. Your stronger,faster, and better than a human in every way.
From now on you will require blood to live on. I will teach you to feed without killing" she said. I would never get older. Or have kids of my own. The life had once wanted was no longer an option. I would have to watch as everyone I loved died around me. "Take it back. I don't want to be this" I yelled. I didn't want this. I don't want to watch my family grow old around me. "Change me back. Reverse it. We can go back to the Nile right now" I said jumping out of bed. We could all go back and change this. I couldn't bring back the dead guard. But maybe I could change things. It was Anhurs turn to laugh though it came out twisted and bitter. "We can't change you back. Accept what you are" he said. Angrily he pushed himself off the doorway and left. When he left I couldn't even hear him walking away. One moment he was here and the next he wasn't. Anuket sighed beside me. She was about to speak but Bastet cut her off.  "Let him go. He's just upset that the one he made after her didn't make it. I told him not to push it. But he went and did it by himself anyway" she shrugged. So Anhur had tried to make another vampire and it hadn't wake up. Maybe that was a good thing though. More vampires would lead to more dead people. "Bestat please. I don't want to worry her" Anuket said. Once Bestat had picked out the clothing she wanted she chucked them at Anuket who caught them before they hit her in the face. She turned and glared at the other god. Bestat seemed to be michivious in nature like a cat. She did and said whatever  she wanted too. All the cat like good did was shrug her shoulders. Anuket turned back to me. "Change and wash off what you can. I know that the tub... doesn't work anymore" she said. "No! What happened to the guard? Where is his body?" I almost screamed. "Look child, we took care of your mess. He's dead. We cleaned it up. Neith knows and will deal with the family" Bestated drawled sounding board. The other god carefully placed the clothes on my lap. "If you needs us to we can leave the room" she said quietly. I didn't want to be alone anymore. When I had woken up I was alone and something bad had happened. I ended someone's life. I didn't want to be on my own anymore. "It's fine, stay please" I whisperd. Pushing the covers off I got out of bed and tried slowly walking to the bathroom basin. I heard Bestat chuckling at my awkward attempt to slow down and be careful. I didn't care. I didn't want to break anything else in the room. I had ruined everything, even the bed in my sleep. I stopped when I got to the basin and did my best to wash off the blood. What was worse was that I could not only see every drop of it but I could smell it as well. The smell of it didn't make me thirsty it did the opposite. The blood was old and gross and smelled sour. If I concentrated on the smell to much I would gag which caused Bestat to go for chuckling to full blow laughter. I hear Anuket trying to push her but the cat go wasn't listening. My night gown ripped when I tried lifting it over my head. And the dress I had been given suddenly tore into two pieces when I was trying to pull it down. Bestat was now howling with laughter in the other room. I knew they heard me rip the clothing but I was to embarrassed to walk out. Thankfully Anuket suddenly appeared with another dress. She smiled kindly at me. Lifting the torn dress away she helped me pull on a new one she had brought. This one was a deep blue that sparkled in some areas. I was thankful that she didn't speak. I felt clumbsy like a child. I couldn't control my own strength. I pretty much a child again and I hung my head. It had been several days since I had been turned into this monster to help my people and my first act was to kill a man. I was a dissapointment. It was like Anuket read my mind because she wrapped her arms around me a pulled me close. She held me for a minute and then released me. We made our way back to Bestat who was trying to compose herself after laughing so hard.