Find Comfort In Pain. -A Sterek One-shot

• Dedicated to All Sterek Shippers.

Derek sat perched on Stiles’ windowsill, waiting for the boy to get home. He never really had the chance to talk to Stiles and thank him for saving him, having been trying to locate the kanima and hopefully kill it. Stiles had recently become more prominent in Derek’s life and even though the teen talked a lot – way too much – Derek had taken a liking to him, whether it was under his own control or not. His wolf had this fascination with him and would not back down, not matter how much Derek tried to convince it otherwise.

Stiles snapped Derek out of his thoughts when he walked in his room and turned on the light, expecting no one but seeing Derek perched on his windowsill, staring at him with glowing red eyes.

"Oh my god, Derek!" The boy all but screeched and flailed his arms around.

Stiles clutched his chest and took a few deep breaths. Derek stepped into Stiles’ room from the window ledge, one eyebrow raised and a slight smirk appearing on his face. Stiles stood there and stared at Derek, waiting for him to say something. When Derek just stared back at him, Stiles huffed out a sigh.

"Not that I don’t appreciate your company or this extraordinarily quality conversation we have going here," Stiles chuckled dryly, "But, I think I’ve seen enough of you for one night, Derek."

Derek licked his lips and continued to stare at Stiles. Stiles began to mutter to himself as he turned around and went into the hallway. He opened the closet door and pulled out a towel. He walked back to his room and Derek was now sitting on his bed, smelling his pillow.

"Really, Derek, just make yourself at home. It’s not like my dad is sleeping right down the hallway, currently has you on his most wanted list, and keeps a loaded shotgun in his dresser drawer."

Derek looked up at Stiles and smirked.

"You mean the same father that's not home and is actually working a double shift tonight?"

Stiles gulped and bit his lower lip. Derek's smirk vanished instantly and he sniffed the air.

"You're afraid."

Right. Werewolf senses.

Derek frowned and got off the bed and in front of Stiles in one fluid motion. He stood in front of a shivering Stiles and cocked his head to the right.

"Why are you afraid?"

Stiles snorted.

"I'm not afraid, Derek. I'm exhausted from holding up your dead weight for two-plus hours in the pool, although I might add, your lack of personality made you seem pretty light compared to the big, strong, tough-guy act you put on."

Derek stayed deathly still the entire time and Stiles only knew he was still alive because he could see the faint rise and fall of Derek's chest. Stiles was talking with his hands and glanced down to notice his hand was shaking. He took another deep breath in.

"And not only am I exhausted from keeping not only my weight, but yours as well, afloat for two-plus hours, I'm soaking wet and pretty damn cold considering I'm still in the same clothes. So, I don’t know what you’re doing here or what you want from me but it better be pretty important."

Stiles exhaled an angry sigh. Derek nodded and motioned towards the towel in Stiles' hand, silently telling him to take a shower.

Derek knew the whole time that Stiles had been lying. Derek also knew that Stiles knew said statement, so he must have forgotten Derek was basically a human – werewolf – lie detector. But either way, Derek didn't point it out because the kid had saved his life and honestly, Derek wasn't too sure himself why he still frightened the teen. He knew that yes, he was a little intimidating, but it was for a good cause. He couldn’t be as trustworthy to people anymore, they had to earn it.