Safe Place

One week after Riverdale High's absorption of its Southside counterpart, and everything was the same. And nothing was the same. 

-

      Jughead sat in class typing away on his laptop, he told his teacher it was for notes when really he was continuing to write the story of their twisted Riverdale. Cheryl Blossom was up front giving a presentation which of course made Cleo loose interest. She was a year ahead of Jughead but with Southside's lack of proper education, her classes were a mix of sophomore and Junior classes.

        Cleo decided to turn her attention to her boyfriend beside her, she watched Jughead write for a few moments before she rest her feet in his lap casually. Jug glanced at her but thought nothing of it as he continued to write. Cleo nudged him with her foot but instead of looking to her he put a hand on her leg and continued to write with the other.

    Lately Cleo's outfits had been lacking because she was always told to cover up and her wardrobe was not Riverdale High appropriate.  Today she was feeling rather lazy so when she got dressed this morning she just threw a hoodie over her sports bra and wore her grey sweatpants to school with some vans on her feet.

Cleo nudged Jughead again, she was bored and wanted to see how much it would take to distract him from his writing, a game she often liked to play. Jughead, of course, knew what she was up to but knew this time he would win the little game because her usual distractions were not school appropriate and often lead to the bedroom. However this did not stop Cleo. She nudged Jughead again and when he sent her an annoyed look she simply smirked and tilted her head, trailing her hand to the zipper of her hoodie. 

Jughead's eyes followed as she slowly pulled the zipper down revealing her sports bra underneath. Jughead swallowed as he looked over her tattoos, the snakes head on her hip and the Calvin Klein underwear peeking out from the top of her loose sweats. The two teens had not been alone together in well over a week now and even though this little strip tease was barely even PG-13 it was driving Jughead mad. Maybe because he knew that in school it would get them in trouble. That in school Cleo's tattoos were shunned and it made them even more enticing.

     Cleo saw the look in Jughead's eyes, the way he licked his lips and trailed his eyes over her bare stomach to her collarbone and finally her lips. "Mr. Jones, eyes up front." the teacher yelled. Jughead blushed and snapped his eyes to the front of the room scared, like she had caught him and Cleo doing far worse than what they were really doing. "Thank you, Mrs. Haggly." Cheryl glared at the two Southsiders before continuing her presentation. 

      Cleo chuckled as Jughead sent her a glare, this one not playful like the ones before. She slowly zipped her sweatshirt back up "Yeah, Juggy, eyes front." she teased. The two stared each other down waiting for the other to break first "As I was saying, each year, we honor the memory of General Pickens, yet few know the truth." Cheryl had a slide show of pictures "That it was my great-great great-grandpappy Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom, who bankrolled General Pickens' settlement of, an Eden along the river of Sweetwater, where maple trees grow taller than the steeples of Europe's grandest cathedrals." she smiled as she spoke. 

Cleo bit her lip as she stared at Jughead and slowly ran her finger along the edge of her sweatshirt where it fell off one shoulder. Jug finally caved, clearing his throat as he looked back to Cheryl and gripped Cleo's legs still in his lap. "Which is why every year I petition the mayor's office to rename Pickens Day!" Cheryl finished the bell rang and all the bored students began to pack up.