The Flower Shop

On the boarder between Maine and Canada, there is a place called Evergreen.

Evergreen is a small town.

Like small, small.

Like population 6,167.

It has all the typical small town things: a general store, a grocer, a doctor, a dentist, three schools for grades K-12, and a flower shop. It also has all the typical people one would expect in a small town, I-know-everyone's-business kind of place: the homecoming king and queen, the gossipers, the wild ones, the pregnant drop outs, the married out of high schoolers, the big city dreamers, and the quiet ones who try to mind there own business.

But this small town also has a not-so-typical secret.

752 of the 6,167 residents are werewolves.

(The Twilight kind, not the Lycan Underworld kind.)

And these wolves, well, they like calming things, because let's face it, they can be a bit...high-strung.

One of these relaxing things happens to be regular visits to the flower shop-the only florist in the entire town. It's a teal green colored shop, mixed in with other old faced buildings on Main St. The paint is artfully (some say shabbily) weatherworn. Colorful, wooden butterflies hang in the single display window above beautiful flower arrangements of tulips, poppies, and roses. A constant stream of soothing Mozart and Bach spill from the doors. Placed on the sidewalk are eye-catching, vibrant bouquets begging for people to come closer. To smell their wonderful scents. To, for just a moment, slow down and enjoy the flitting world around them.

In big, pink cursive letters above the door is it's name.

Sakura.

And that, Dear Reader, is where our story will take place. Where one bouquet will change two lives and launch an adventure the likes of which this small town has never seen.