Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Over the past five years Harriett had learnt all that she could, from all her libraries and done many a rituals to help her become stronger, better.

She had left the thinking dark equals evil and light equals good in England. Harriett knew in her youth, she was all about dark and light being good and evil. Now she knew the truth.

Harriett now believed intent was all there was to it, there were still some things; she wouldn't touch even if you paid her too. But all in all, she didn't really care, as long as people did not force their own options down her throat, like they did in her youth.

Just over two years ago vampires had come out of the coffin, when the humans discovered synthetic blood. Harriett had laughed herself silly, thinking about the reactions of the humans and the magical communality, would have to the vampires coming out in the open. The humans had taken to the fact of vampires being among them, very well as a whole.

After five years with just: Dobby, Winky and Kreacher for company, Harriett was finally sure she had control of all her abilities that had been blocked for years, at first she could not do a spell right, at all. She would just blow things up. She kept putting more magic than needed for the spell, supercharging it, as it were. This led to many of her things being blown to smithereens.

Now with all her abilities under control Harriett was finally going out, it was only into town, but she thought the sentiment was the same. She would put an aging spell to look her true age of twenty-two, she could not go into town looking like a seventeen year old, could she. She had found out just after moving into the manor, that fairies could stop their aging and live of their spark. The bigger the spark, the longer life, the fairy lived. It was written in one of the books; Harriett owned that the Prince of the Sky fairies was just over 1500 years old.

Harriett still did not know how she had fairy blood in his veins, but after all this years she knew that if she was not meant to find out then she would not. She had, had enough of mysteries and following clues like a starved little girl she used to be, for a few lifetimes. If the fairies wanted for her to know who she was descended from, then they would have come to her and tell her themselves. As they did not Harriett knew that they either did not know she lived or they just did not care.

Harriett got on her bran new red 2010 Honda motorbike and took off into town. Harriett spent an hour and a half just driving around and familiarizing herself with the town. While doing this she found a sign that said Merlotte's Bar and Grill. By this time Harriett found herself hungry, so she parked her bike outside at the bar that she thought must be the local in the town. And went in.