Chapter three

I knew this time Lucius didn't mean the police. He meant our parents. By parents, I mean my dad, his dad, and his mom. According to my dad, he just wants me back. Lucius' parents would beat him and most likely kill him. Harsh I know.

We started to run again.

Since Lucius was taller, and obviously had more upper body strength, Lucius jumped to the top of a six-foot fence with hardly any effort and pulled me to the top as well. It wasn't because I was weak, but due to our lack of food on the run, I game e most of it to him. He had a worse life than I did before we gained our powers, so he needed it more than I did. Of course, it didn't help that I had started to develop a crush on my dark-haired friend.

But anyway, that's not the point.

We sat on the fence, taking turns electrifying it. Yes, both Lucius and I are aware of how stupid that sounds, but why run when anybody that gets too close will be fried?

Later, at night, we lay down in an abandoned lot that we had come to call home. Granted, we had to run often, but we always circled back. For some reason, the police never thought to check the lot.

Everybody we ran from, mainly our parents and the police, had stopped chasing us a few hours earlier.

"Hey Joules," Lucius said.

"Yeah, Lucius?" I replied.

"I hate to ask you this, but, my father saw us earlier and threw a blade at me. I don't know where he got the blade, but anyway, it slashed my back. Do you think the next time we're by a river or something you cod maybe clean it? I just don't want an infection." Lucius sounded pained to ask me this simple favor.

"Yeah, sure, Lucius." I said. Little did I know our situation was going to get a whole lot worse.