7 years (6)

Bea's POV

The hospital is lonely. Although TVs were provided for entertainment, it was not enough. It was dull and boring.. i glimpsed at the sight of bright lightthat was about to mark the end of the day.

It's been a week since the shooting. To no avail, the killer was not found yet. Mr. Dy was doing everything he can to hopefully catch the shooter. Mrs. Dy insisted I go home to freshen up,because Ive been here for a week now. Brushing and scrubbing my face was the only hygienic thing I could do while I watch mackenzie.

"Bea.. Your mom is worried about you.." she handed me her phone.
"Hey mom.." I spoke meticulously,

"Bea! Honey! Are you okay?" She sounded worried. I smiled It's been a while since I've talked to my family.

"I'm okay mom... Mac is not.."

"I know princess.. anak, she'll get better okay? But i think it's best for you to go home. Okay? She would want that." I looked at Mackenzie. And grabbed alittle bit of her finger.

"Okay.. I'll be home in a few hours." I heard my dad in the background

"Princess please?"

"Yes dad.. Im going home.."

We ended with our see you soons

I gathered my stuff and hugged Mrs. Dy

"Thank you Beatriz.." I shed a tear on her shoulder,

"Please inform me okay?" I waved goodbye.

—————

I shut my car door. I was faced upon a modern house. You could see that it's white from inside til out. I walked to the gate and inserted the key i kept with me.

I was greeted by my dog! Charlie. Such a good boy. I knelt down to give me a belly rub.

"Who's a good boy?" I baby talked and rubbed his tummy.

"...beatriz.." I stood up, with a cautious look on my face. I saw mom talking to a girl. I couldn't tell who she was. She was not from our family. Nor have i seen her before.

"Oh.. bea? Youre here.." my mom came near me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Yes mom. What's up?" I grabbed a chair and sat crossing my legs. Mom knows about me and Mac's relationship. So she wasn't frazzled about it. She was concerned about the accident.

"Oh– honey, uhm.. this is kelly.." kelly turned around. Oh mama.. she was smoking. But I think I saw her before.

Kelly had clear skin. She was simple, but beautiful. The mysterious kind. She looked boyish, but all the while girly. She was 'that girl'. Her eyes were deep, and dark. Her hair was mid length.

I leaned to shake her hands, oh and they felt creepily soft. As if, she was capable of stealing. She smiled angeliclly. And i have to admit, it almost bought me.

"Kelly here will be living with us from now on.." my mom explained cheerfully

"Oh.." was the only thing I could say. I know misses Kuya Noel. But adopting what looked to be an 18 year old is kind of far fetched.

"Okay.. tell me about yourself kelly?" I raised one of my eyebrows.

As she spoke, she gave this boy like vibe that's quirky and funny.

"My parents were killed when I was 6 years old. My brother took me under his wing. By a string of faith, I was able to work at  the De Leon Business. A year I was accepted into the company, My brother died of stage 4 lukemia...but i was aboe to stand alone." she smiled embarrassed.

"When tita heard my story," gesturing to my mom who noded intently, "she immediately took the papers—now History had it's ways and I am here now."

I hugged her. It was a sad tragic story. As i hugged Kelly, my mom gestured in approval and i gave her a yes signal.

Kelly took her things, which is not alot, and headed up my room.

"You'll be staying here with me okay?" She placed her things carefully on the rugged floor. My room was so basic. It just had white walls, a study table, my bed at the side and a bookshelf.

"Wow..." she inhaled the scent and smiled happily.

I sat and rested on my bed. Exhausted from the sleepless night.

"Who's this?" I opened one eye to see what kelly was up to.

"Oh.. that's my girlfriend—Mackenzie." I smiled. But i automatically felt the hurt she was enduring right now

"Wow.. she's really pretty ate.." it warmed my heart. She called me ate (A/n which means 'big sister')

"You think?" I placed my elbow on the bed to support myself.

"Yeah she is.. like really.." that sent a pang in my stomach.

She caressed the photo in her hand as if gently touching the person in the photo. I was observant. Very.

"Hey.. there's a shower there! And you can read if you want? What are you in to? Volleyball?"

"Yeah i used to play." She felt embarrassed.

"Oh in that case," I sat up straight, "wanna train with me tomorrow? BEG" she noded and smiled.

—————

Mac's POV

I opened my eyes, and all i could feel was pain.

I hissed at my side and chest.

"...mom?" I called out. I looked around me and I could see tubes and machines all over. What happened?

".. honey!!" She immediately ran to my side and held mt hand

"What happened?" I tried sitting up, but it hurt too much.

"Careful! You were.. shot.."

The memories of that night came back to me. I felt vulnerable and weak.

"Where's Bea?" I grabbed my temple and massed it harshly.

"I requested her to go home anak. She has been here for a week now watching over you.." I was dumbfonded.

"What happened?" She sat near me and gently rubbed my hand.

"Ugh.. I was almost in a car accident.." i tried to remember the events. "I ran over a cat—then my car just crashed at the post. I barely got out alive.. I saw this person who was infront of me..."

"Did you recognise that person?"

"No.. He was too tall and it was dark for me to see who he was.."

"Okay honey.. go on."

"At first I begged him to stop. He carefully tucked his hand inside his pocket and brought out a gun directly aiming at me.." I took a deep breath. I could still remember the gun shot.

"I raised my hands over my head signalling a surrender. I thought he was a robber or a theif..as I was standing up to lower my defensive ground, he shot my leg. I knew he was not after the family wealth..he then pointed to my head but by some string of luck he disn't shot me. He shot me on the chest."

————