Origin

Theron--he was the god of all God's, the one who ruled over all of Azuris. He made the rules, the decisions, and a very long time ago he made the decision to take his Angels and turn them into Guardians for the human realm. This realm had never been touched by the Gods, it had never seen the magic that still swims through Azuris' air. He wanted each and every human to have their own protector--guider. They had to be careful--distant, they didn't know what kind of consequences would come from bringing magic to this realm. Each guardian angel was assigned a human to watch over, told to never enter into the human dimension so that the humans could not see or be touched by them.

Macon Ichiro--he was a guardian angel assigned to watch over a human girl--Penthesilea La-Rein. He did exactly that, never left her side, watched her every move, guided her to a better path when needed. This guardian--he was too invested, became attached to Penthesilea and in time he fell in love with her. He got too close, took the leap into the human dimension and came into contact with the human girl. A new realm was created through this touch, and peace in all realms was thrown off balance. Macon became the first fallen angel, and the ruler of the new realm--the underworld.

As for the girl, she was the first one to be given the sight. The ability to see the guardian assigned to her, no matter what dimension they were in, she could see and touch them. The ability also changed her path to Azuris to the path into the underworld. Her inner light was turned dark. He took Penthesilea and made her his bride--his queen--she ruled alongside him in darkness. Macon then continued to take the soul of any human that followed the same path into darkness and added them to his army of demons when they died.

After this--every three hundred years he would choose another human girl when they were born, to curse with the sight. It was a game he played with Theron. If Theron could manage to save the girl's soul from the path of darkness, then she would be allowed to pass into Azuris without his interference. But--if he could not save her soul then she would become another one of Macon's wives. Never with the same standing as his queen, but princesses.