GRAVEYARD ENCOUNTER- excerpt from Paranormal Encounters book

Graveyards are very solitary places and most of the time ghosts do not hang around them unless there is an issue. Ghosts know when open people are going to be visiting a graveyard. We are like a light in the darkness and they like to show up to see if you’ll listen to them. A lot of people who do ghost hunting will go to graveyards to see what they can dig up. I personally do not frequent grave yards because occasionally there can be a lot of spiritual traffic in them. Ghosts know when a medium is in the vicinity and they will gravitate to that location. They either want to get a message to someone or they may need help in crossing over. It can be very overwhelming if you are not used to it and even if you are, it can still be a pain in the rear. Everyone wants something from you and they are all trying to talk to you at the same time. This can be very confusing and can give you quite a headache. You have to make the ghosts realize that you are not going to put up with chaos. Once they realize that you are not going to help them until they are quiet, they tend to settle down. Personally I usually group them together in two groups. One for those who strictly want help crossing over or deliver messages. The second is for those who are confused or do not know they are dead.

One Halloween a few years ago my sister-in-law, Linda, called me.

“Hey girl what are you doing for Saturday night?”

Nothing special that I know of, what’s up?” I asked curiously.

“Well, I found out that Oregon City has this guided ghost tour for the next week or so. What do you think about going?”

“Oh yeah, I remember reading about it in the local paper. They take you on a walking tour of homes and spots that are purported to be haunted. You know of course, that I have to deal with the ghosts that always show up whenever I go to haunted places.” I reminded her.

“Yeah I know, but what if you ignore them or put up that protective shield of yours. After all, it’s not like we’re going to a graveyard, we don’t even get to go into the houses.”

“It won’t keep them all away but I guess it might be worth the pestering to have a girl’s night out,” I laughed.

“That’s the spirit, no pun intended. It starts at 8 pm and they have several tours one right after the other. If we’re late for one we can wait for the next one. It costs 4 dollars a person and lasts for around an hour.”

“Okay, I’ll pick you up; make sure you get an address or a place where we have to be.

“No problem I’ll get everything, see you Saturday night,” She said, and hung up.

What have I agreed to? Oh well, I thought to myself, I don’t get to see her that often and resigned myself to the trip.

Saturday night arrived dry, clear and cold. I picked up Linda and we headed for the Carnegie building to await the beginning of the tour. People were milling around talking about the upcoming ghost tours. We waited for over 15 minutes for someone to announce the next tour.

“We’ve been waiting for a while and I wonder if we’re in the right place. I haven’t seen anyone who looks like a tour guide” I said, looking around. “Maybe we should ask inside to see if they know where we’re supposed to pick up the tour.”