Dr. "Strange"

The weeks and months began to pass and without fail, Crane returned every day with a series of different things. Sometimes they were animals, like snakes and spiders that he would force her to touch and allow them to crawl on her skin. That was the easy stuff; other times he would bring in a large man she came to know as Lyle Bolton, one of the larger, more frightening security guards that would throw her around like a ragdoll, the pain was horrible, but soon enough, she even got used to that. Sometimes she even found the strength to fight back, much to Crane's pleasure. The worst part was when he used what he called Fear Gas. So far, out of all these months he only used it three times, all of which were 'concentrated' doses that he promised wouldn't 'break her mind'. But she saw the same kind of things all three times, spiders and maggots, her father or Mercious dying. Each time it was something that left her lying on the floor trembling. She couldn't sleep, she couldn't eat out of fear. Everything else she had grown used to, everything but the Fear Gas.

Lilah sat quietly at the table, over the months, Crane had provided her with a number of different things, including her very own Arkham Asylum Orange overalls and a patient number. Whether or not he had listed her as an actual patient was highly unlikely, considering no one was even supposed to know she was at Arkham. She also learnt that the section in which she had been kept was called the ''Intensive Care' Unit. Usually reserved for more... 'difficult' patients. For now, she was the only one who occupied one of the cells. Tapping the desk impatiently, Lilah watched the door, Crane was late. Later than usual that was. Which was quite odd; Crane was never late when it came to her, everyday he arrived at the exact same time with the exact same fake smile that he would greet her with before he would so kindly tell her about his new discoveries regarding the affects of fear on the mind before torturing her. Taking a small breath, she shut her eyes- she had begun to grow restless. If Lyle was coming he would be late, but this week Lyle wasn't supposed to be coming. Lyle came last week, hence the bruises that covered her pale skin.

"Hello, Patient 04833" Looking up from where she sat, she was surprised to find an unfamiliar man who stepped into the room. He wore a white lab coat and had a bald scalp with a grey goatee. He looked at least to be in his late forties maybe even his early fifties, but Lilah assumed he was another doctor. However his reasoning for being down with her was a mystery. As the strange man sat across from her, Lilah shifted lightly,

"You must be Jonathan Crane's pet." The man grinned, showing his pearly white teeth before setting his hands on the table comfortably. Lilah's eyes followed his hands before locking eyes with him,

"Where's Dr. Crane?" She asked, tilting her head slightly, the man chuckled lightly.

"Dr. Crane is busy with the trial of Victor Zsasz." He answered, "And how are you feeling today?" He asked. Lilah paused suspiciously,

"Terrible." she answered. The man smiled lightly,

"My name is Dr. Hugo Strange-"

"Well. If you don't want to use your real name that's fine with me. But at least come up with something original." Lilah retorted irritably, "Dr. Strange? Really?" Narrowing her eyes at the man, she examined his look of confusion; perhaps his presence was a test? Clearing his throat, Dr. 'Strange' spoke once more,

"Hugo Strange is my real name." Lilah paused, staring at this apparent Dr. Strange with disliking,

"Bring back my torturer." Lilah mused, looking down at her chipped nails with fake interest. "We have a date. Just me and him... and possibly Lyle. It's all really rather romantic. I think it might be love" She added, placing a hand over her heart and doing her best impression of the love sick fools she often mocked. Dr. Strange took an impatient breath, similar to the ones Dr. Crane usually took whenever she made jokes.