Tu llegas como el sol tan natural

Matteo was doing his homework. It was a lot more than he expected but luckily, he was alone at home so he had enough peace and quiet to be able to finish it in time. Uni was a lot harder than he thought. 

He was almost finished when suddenly, he heard the doorbell ring. He had no idea who it could be, he didn't invite anyone over and his parents are away. He opened the door to see who it is and to his surprise, it was Luna and his from turned into a smile all of a sudden.

"What are you doing here, chica delivery?" Matteo asked out of curiosity.

"I was bringing cupcakes that my mom made. I thought it would help you focus on your homework." she said but he somehow knew that was just an excuse.

"You don't need an excuse to come and visit me, you know that right?" he immediately started teasing her, it came natural to him whenever she was around. 

She didn't respond to this and instead handed him a box full of cupcakes. She walked further into his house and looked around. 

"Are you looking for something?" he asked.

"No, I'm just impressed by the house you live in." she answered.

"Luna, you've been here so many times, how can you still be imopressed by this?" he frowned, she seemed to use a lot of excuses.

"I'm still not used to it." she immediately said.

Right at that moment, his cat, Lyra walked into the living room. Luna immediately went to her and scratched her behind her ear. Luna started to smile the second his cat walked in and all of a sudden, he understood everything. He had to admit that it kind of hurt him. She was here because of Lyra and not him. He was slightly dissapointed.

Not shortly after, Lyra's kittens came in as well. Luna tried to give every kitten equal attention.

"Now I see why you wanted to visit me suddenly." He tried not to show that he was hurt.

She looked up and turned around with a faint smile on her face. "Sorry." 

"It's fine, they need some love anyway." he brushed it off like it was nothing.

For the rest of the evening, she played with the kittens and Lyra. Luna was happy to be able to spend some time with them. It gave Matteo the time to finish his homework, when it was done. He joined Luna because four cats were a little much for Luna to handle. He ended up having fun as well and forgot how he felt earlier today.

As it was already getting late, she decided to leave and come back tomorrow and she didn't really expect him to say no to that and he didn't. 

When they were at the front door, she stopped and turned around to say one last thing to him:  "Listen, I really don't like you, but you have kittens, so I'm going to be over a lot."

Matteo was surprised to hear this and he looked at her in disbelief. "You don't like me?" he had to ask this.

But she just laughed. "I was just teasing you." and Matteo sighed in relieve. "I can't believe you actually thought that was true." her laughing stopped but her smile stayed.

"You did come here just to see my kittens." he shyly smiled back.

"I never said that." she said with a teasing smile and he couldn't help but smile brightly back at her.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then." he finally said.

"See you tomorrow." Before she left, he gave her a quick peck on the cheek to say goodnight and when he pulled back, they stared at each other for a while. But then Luna said goodbye and she left.

Matteo went to bed soon after Luna left and when he attempted to go to bed, his cat was already occupying a spot on his bed. He smiled and said: "I can't believe you I would ever say this but I'm kind of jealous of you. Luna gave you so much love today." he got into bed and started petting her. Lyra was clearly enjoying all the love she got today and she was purring.

They both went to sleep content and they both couldn't wait for Luna's visit tomorrow.

Luckily, this time, he didn't have any homework, he finished all of it the day before which meant he was able to spend the entire time Luna was here with her. She was earlier today and he instantly lit up once she saw how excited she was to visit, even though it was because of Lyra.

His cat was lazy today and she just laid down the entire time while Luna was petting him. Neither of them seemed to mind that. They sat their in silence and looked at his cat purring the entire time. The kittens were not here today because they had to be checked at the vet. Luna was dissapointed by this but she still stayed to play with Lyra.

Now that it wasn't as busy as yesterday, Matteo decided it was time to talk to Luna. He's been wanting to ask her something for a while but he always thought it wasn't a good time.

"Luna, can I ask you something?" he asked her nervously.

She looked up from his cat to look into his eyes and for a minute there, he was lost in hers. "What do you want to ask?"

"Were you serious when you said you were joking yesterday?" he was very nervous now.

"Of course I was serious, why would you think that I don't like you?" she said with a sure tone.

"I don't know, I just thought you came for my cats and nothing else." he admitted shyly.

"How could I not want to come here just to see you?" she bumped him on the shoulder to reassure him.

"You are right, I'm great company." he managed to tease her again.

She shook her head and laughed. "You're unbelievable." 

"Unbeliavably attractive, I know." they were back to their old conversations and he loved it. It always made him happy to talk to her like this.

They laughed together and it felt like the weight he had felt on his shoulder before lifted and he was so relieved. 

Just like yesterday, for the rest of the evening, they played with Lyra and joked around. Now, Matteo didn't mind it whenever Luna interrupted his studying to spend time with both his cats and himself and she was definitely not joking about the fact that she was going to be over a lot and he wouldn't change that for the world. He wanted this to go on. Both he and Lyra loved this arrangement. All he could do right now was be happy that she loved his cats so much and hopefully one day, she will feel the same as he does, he hoped she would love him too. Now whenever she came to visit, it felt like the sun came out and this feeling is something he never wants to let go.