Chapter 2-

Chapter 2 -

After each page that flicked through my fingers, new ideas came to my head of ures, poisons and chants. I lost myself in the amount of facts and words buzzing through my head, leaving a smirk plastered on my face.

I had gone through a notebook of sketches, notes and scribbles based on Professor Van Helsing's books. He still had more of at his home, his house held a bookshelf on every corner filled with his journals, notes, the monthly penny dreadful's and storybooks. He also loved his poetry, one of the many things he introduced me too was poetry, I had never heard of it and I'm thankful to him to emerce me in this world or beauty. 

As my hands started to ache from writing, I checked the clock on the wall. 10:30pm. I got up from my kitchen chair and started to get ready for the long night ahead of me.

I walked over to a rectangle chest near the lounges. The chest creaked as I opened it, inside was weapons that Professor Van Helsing had given me over the years, throwing knives, guns, shotguns, swords and daggers. I equipped myself with 4 of my throwing knives and one pistol at the back of my trousers. I grabbed my coat and scarf and headed toward the address in the letter.

Tonight seemed colder, maybe winter is around the corner. I put my head down looking at the ground. As I turned the final corner and I met with the location to see a woman, in the corner of my eye was a man who had turned the same corner heading towards the same woman.

"Miss. Ives" he called out, his voice was thickened by an american accent.

I started to walk to the woman and man, until they had spotted me coming closer to their presence.

"Miss. Hemmingway, a pleasure to meet you" She exclaimed

"And you Miss. Ives and friend" I added

"Sorry, Miss, I'm Ethan Chandler, I think we're both been called on their behalf" Mr. Chandler explained

"You're both on time, very wise, this way if you please" She smirked

Ethan and I followed he too a door that was very close by to where we met her, she walked up to the door and knocked once. There was a slit at the top of the door that opened to reveal a pair of eyes from an old japanese man, as the door swung open, i walked beside Mr. Chandler, this place looked like a loft, that was turned into a zen pit. I looked over to Mr. Chandler who was pinching his nose from the smell. Miss Ives stopped in front of a man wearing a black semi-top hat, long coat with a fur collar and a cane with a silver head.

"Are these the individuals?" The man asked

"Yes" Miss. Ives informed him.

"Did you bring your weapons?" He asked again, looking at Mr. Chandler and I.

Mr. Chandler opened his right side of his coat to reveal a gun in his holster. The man looked at me and I opened my coat to reveal the blades of my knives glimmering in the dim candle light. The man looked at us both and started to walk forwards with Miss. Ives following.

"One minute" Mr. Chandler exclaimed "What are we doing here?"

The question was also in my mind, but I had a feeling deep in my stomach that I knew what it was.

"We are looking for someone that you don't need to know" The man paused, as he walked forward to us both "Do not be amazed by anything you see and don't hesitate"

"I never do" I smirked, looking straight into the man's eyes.

Miss. Ives, Mr. Chandler and I followed the man downstairs "Who are we exactly looking for" Mr Chandler asked