3 (reviewed)

None of them tried to pull away they were enjoying the closure they missed so much. They stayed like that for a few seconds just looking at each other's eyes, until a knock on the door made them pull apart.
-----------------------------------------------------------

They abruptly started to let go of each other, Niall was muttering some curse words and Harry looked pale, both were trying to compose themselves and their emotions. But it seems like they weren't fast enough. Louis had just entered the door with Freddie on his arm when he saw the distress and tension in both men who were rigid beside each other. Raising his eyebrows, Louis hesitantly put his hand over his son's eyes, covering them.

"Oi, Oii, everything is okay? Did I miss something? I can leave if you want, there are four extra bedrooms, you can choose whatever you want, even though there's one with the king-sized mattress, it's up to you." Said Louis while trying to not burst into a laugh by Niall's and Harry's shocked faces. Niall sat on the couch avoiding Louis's stare (who was looking from Niall to Harry waiting for any reaction) Harry stood there awkwardly and when he saw that Niall wasn't standing next to him anymore, he decided to sit too but leaving plenty of space between him and his ex-lover. At this point, both of them were blushing. But finally, Harry risked a sideways glance at Niall (who did the same thing but broke the contact almost instantly), Harry decided to be the first one to speak.

"H-hey Louis, you came back" -a confident smile appeared on Harry's face-, "umm, everything is fine, it's just... that we had a small, silly accident, right Niall?" Harry's voice was slightly quivering but he hid it pretty well.

"Yeah. A small accident, we just fell off the couch, well, I fell off the couch more like. And... and Harry tried to help me but he fell as well." Niall replied quickly feeling like all of this situation was very childlike.

Louis grinned, knowing too well his friends to know that they were lying but he just kept his mouth shut, just for this time, he'll make Niall's life impossible later until he tells him what really happened and with every detail. But for now, he's just going to try and break the awkwardness and tension that was floating in the air. Who could've thought that two grownup men could be so awkward after knowing each other for a long time? "Anyways, I'm going upstairs to put this," -Louis held a bag out so they could see- "in his son's room." Just when he was about to leave the living room, Louis approached both men and handed his son to Harry who without thinking it twice, grabbed the toddler. Louis, without giving a chance to Harry to talk, he quickly looked to his bandmates and added, "Also, you guys brought the trousers for the pool right?" And with that, Louis started to make his way upstairs, leaving his friends in the living room.

"Yes." Answered Niall and Harry at the same time. At their answer, Louis made a hmm sound and disappeared from Niall and Harry's eyes.

Niall looked at Harry holding the toddler in his arms, he was doing a little dance and making funny faces, there was no denial that Harry was going to be a great father. Harry's eyes shifted from the toddler to Niall and gave him a genuine smile. The scene in front of him was lovely. Niall still remembers the first time Harry mentioned about forming a family, it was on a summer night many years ago and they were somewhere in a beach house for a weekend off when he suddenly started talking about someday retiring and having children running around the house. At that time it sounded so cliché but now it all made sense, Niall regrets laughing at Harry's idea.

"Guys, take from the fridge the meat and the ingredients and stuff for the barbecue, I'm going to change. And Niall!"

Well, shit. With a sigh, Niall rubbed his hands on his face and sat down on the sofa earning a funny look from Harry.

"What?!"

"You know where I keep them. Bye!" With a teasing smile, Louis descended from upstairs fully changed into bathing trunks and sleeveless shirt he grabbed his son from Harry's arm and went to the pool area in the backyard where they were supposed to have their reunion.