Quinque Gentium

Hello. This is not a science fiction book! Please read it to find out what its about! Thank you! :)

I know that i don't have a cover. I can't make one myself (don't know how). I asked one of my friends to make one for me so cover coming soon!

~ Ash~

Prologue

Nolan. A star, very similar to earth. Nolan is 72,000,000,000,000 light years away from earth. There are people on Nolan like you and me. But then there some that are nothing like us. Yes they look like us and are very like us in everything that they do, but there are differences. Once their sun sets the leaves turn a beautiful silver color that would make any one stop and admire them. But of course you would. You’re not from Nolan and are not used to it. Their grass turns a very light blue color. Almost the color of a topaz—which are everywhere on the star. You would—what is so amazing about silver leaves and blue grass you say? Well, you wouldn’t say that if you saw them. But since that doesn’t interest you let’s move on. The fresh waters on the star are also silver but they are thick and are the tastiest waters known to man. But you mustn’t drink from them, because if a human such as yourself where to drink from them you would die. But to the people of Nolan, it is the best of waters. The oceans and seas are the clearest waters you will ever find. The waters are the coolest on hot days and are warm and the cold ones.

But fear the waters as you should, for there are creatures in there that are best left alone. Before I tell you, you all must know that you can never find most of them unless you really disturb them and that is something you must never do. They are the water people – no not like merpeople. I will explain more about them later on. So as I was saying, there are The Water Cave Dwellers. They, as you can tell by the name, live in the underwater caves. Horrible creatures, hate anything that comes near their caves. What do they look like? Oh, yes of course pardon my forgetfulness. They have human body shapes only their limbs are twisted in awkward positions and have webbed hands and feet. Their eyes are covered over in a glossy layer of an eyelid so that they are able to see and do not have to adjust or blink. Teeth are raiser sharp but very small. They have thousands of teeth so they can catch their pray and hold on to them with no hope for the pray escaping. There is your usual fish, sharks, seaweed, and so on. But they live on a star that has different waters and minerals so these water animals have very bright colors which change color with the time of day and they have very different body lay outs that any human would call it strange. If you go deeper out to sea you will find a very large sea creature waiting for something to eat. They never eat the people of the star unless they are up to no good. This creature is called Profundum Hydra. This translates to the Abyss Water Serpent. Profundum Hydra is only just a gentle giant if you are only passing though.

Nolan, however, has only on main land mass, or a continent as we would call it, and two small islands. The land is called Nisko, ruled by King Asran and Queen Rachel. They where one of the few who are loved by all the land of Nisko but in the palace it’s a whole different story.

†                    †                    †

Aris was the first born. She knew from the moment she turned two that she was to be queen. Her mother started to teach her how to be a woman and a queen. “When you become Queen you must not think only of your self but of the safety and good of the whole kingdom. Do you understand?” Her mother asked her the same question every time they started the lessons.

“But mother, I will be Queen and be able to what I wish. It would be very hard to not think of what I want.” Aris said this to her mother one day. She had a very confused look on her face and looked to her mother for clarity.

“Yes, my love, it is very hard to do. Once you see your people happy, you will find that it is easy.  But you must understand that you can not please everyone in Nisko and must not listen to the people who want you to do harm to the land.” Aris thought it funny that she couldn’t please everyone in the kingdom and did not know if she would be able to tell what someone wanted was right or wrong, but nodded and smiled.

Aris’ father never really took a liking to her. For he wished to have a son take the throne. He tolerated her whenever she would talk to him but would never talk to her on his own accord. When Aris turned eleven, her mother was pregnant. She was so happy that she was going to have a little brother or sister to. She did not know what would happen when he/she where born. With in nine months, her mother gave birth to a little boy named Asran.

Aris was called to her mother’s room a year later.

“You called me, mother?” She walked into her mother’s room and sat down on a chair next to her bed.

“Your father and I have been discussing this for a very long time. You know that the first born is the heir to the throne. But one thing that we have not told you because it was not necessary until now.  If the first born is a girl and an only child they are to be queen.” Her mother looked at her with a very hurt expression. She knew that becoming queen was everything to Aris.

Aris knew what she was going to say. She knew that she was not going to be queen, but stay a princess for the rest of her life. Aris fought back the tears.

“But if the first born is a girl and has a brother in her family, then the brother will be ruler of Misko. So that means that Asran will become ruler and you will not.” Aris did not let the tears come. But instead she filled with anger. The anger exploded from her when she saw her brother lying in his crib. She screamed so loud that Asran who was sound asleep woke up crying.

“NO! NO! NO! THIS IS HIS ENTIRE FAULT! IF HE WAS NEVER BORN I COULD BE QUEEN! FATHER HATES ME!  THIS IS HIS WAY OF HURTING ME DEEP! I HATE BOTH OF THEM! I HATE ALL OF YOU!” her mother was in shock at her sudden out burst. She could not move. Then Aris ran to Asran’s crib, picked him up and was turning around to throw him when her father ran in the room and grabbed the terrified baby from her grasp. Now her mother was crying and ran to hold her son.

“What is the mater with you! It is not his fault or mine! This is the way the Law of Nisko was created! Good lord child I thought you where better than this! Apparently I was wrong. Go to you room and don’t you come out till supper.” Her father looked at her with so much disgust that it only made Aris angrier. She grabbed the sword that was in her father’s belt and was going to swing until her fathers guards grabbed her arms and drug her fighting to her room.

They will regret that this ever happened. They will see that they have made the biggest mistake in their lives. The whole land of Nisko will pay. Aris told her maid not to disturbed her rest of the day and night unless called for.

Aris climbed out her window and walked into town to find the shop that her mother and father told her never enter.