Prologue

Sutton Woods continues to stair at her ceiling from her position laying fully spreed out on her bed, two years ago the world was introduced to werewolves the human population was of course in an uproar scared as they were no longer top of the food chain but now men and woman who appear human can shift when they please into wolves, speed, strength and power radiated from these beings it took the world by storm but they quickly adapted to the change most scared but others intrigued like Sutton herself. Through the two years the government gathered information on the supernaturals we learned about rankings such as Alphas, Betas, Third in Commans and mates, mates was a werewolves soulmate for better terms someone that was made for a werewolf there would be no other person they would spend their life with, no other person they would love and terrish or do anything to protect.

Now since the world calmed down schools would not only offer education to humans but wolves was allowed to attend, tomorrow would be Sutton's last first day of high school and the first time she would interact with the werewolves she was both scared and excited unsure which emotion out weighted the other. She has a fascination with the wolves the fact that one person , the Alpha ran a whole pack, the fact that they had someone destined by fate for them she would see for the first time which of the people she knew since middle school was human and which had been wolves all along.

Sleep wasn't coming easy Sutton tossed and turn all night until 3am when exhaustion won but it wasn't interrupted when she was thrown in her recurring dream shes had over the last month, dressed in a simple white sundress she was back in the same woods behind her house she would explore as a child and waiting in the clearing was the same raven colored wolf with the blonde white streak through its back, not being scared as she had been the first time the dream has happen a month ago she walked up to the wolf taking a seat in the grass a few inches from the beast as it laid on its belly showing her once again it means no harm.

 " is this real?" she asked every single time and again it shook her head displaying a wolfy like grin, she raised an eyebrow in amusement " and can you still talk to me? " she asked since the wolf had only started communicating with her a week and half ago " Yes" it spoke in her mind causing her to smile. " Will you be at my school tomorrow?" she asked something she had been thinking of all day , she received a smile but no answer 

 " did you fix your problem?" she countered after realizing she wasn't getting an answer " not yet but it will be fixed soon" from the countless conversations she had had with the wolf she learned it was lonely and wanted something it couldn't have. She smiled knowing that her friend would no longer be sad but the moment of happiness was soon gone when a buzzing sounded all around them causing the wolf to whine " thats my alarm its time for school i'll talk to you later" she began to fade waking up from her pleasant dream and right before the trees disappeared she fainting heard a " see you soon kitten"

Sutton arrived early to school wanting to go by the office and grab her schedule since she had lost the other copy that was given to her in the middle of summer, there wasn't many students in the parking lot when she pulled in and for that she was thankful. She knew her best friend Seth wasn't going to arrive until right before the first bell rang he was never on time so she grabbed a coffee with the cafe and went to her locker adding things she wouldn't need until later. By this time the hall was filling up with students most acted normal and Sutton got the since they was all human, most she knew and had went to school with since she moved here in 6th grade. She heads toward her first class noticing only a few people in seats she takes the seat in the far back right corner scrolling through her news feed on Instagram until the its time for class to start. As the final morning bell rang Sutton's breath caught almost like the room was sufficating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose, the room became smaller when the door finally opened walking in was a guy with raven black hair hidden in a beanie and striking blue eyes that was trained on her upon his face lit a breath taking smirk aimed right at her as he takes the seat next to her never breaking eye contact.

" Miss me kitten?" he all but purrs* and at the simple words Sutton sucks in her breath those three simple words he was a werewolf but most importantly he was the wolf in her dreams she could tell now by the similar color of his eyes and the raven hair, Sutton snapped her eyes to the front of the room as the teacher began to talk while the two girls that entered with the boy took open seats across the room. As the teacher was giving introductions to the class which just so happen to be English the classroom door busted open for a second time with a panting Seth coming through apologizing her being late 

 Don't let it happen again Mr. Carmichael" the old English teacher barked out making Seth fake solute " I'll try not to " Seth replied sarcastically shooting Sutton a look that she knew said ' thanks for saving me a seat'  as he took the only empty seat there was behind one of the girls that entered with the wolf beside her and shared the same color hair as he did.

Sutton tried to focus on the teacher that he did not remember the name too as English was her favorite subject but she could feel the mystery boy's eyes on her the whole lesson he never spoke a word to her again but ten minutes before the bell was to ring a folded piece of paper landed between her folded hands on the desk, she took a breath pretty sure knowing who it came from and opened it :

Your more prettier in person, I can feel your fear rolling off you but please I don't want you to be afraid of me give me a few hours of your time and Ill explain everything and after if you want nothing more to do with me ill leave you and your dreams alone

You dont have to decide now but this is my number when your ready just call, I look forward to hearing from you Sutton

-Axel

So his name was Axel, the name fit him but now Sutton had more thoughts running through her mind she wanted to know what was going and why he was able to come to her dream yes the public had alot of knowledge on werewolves since they revealed themselves but nothing like this was ever mentioned, she decided she would consider it and to show Axel that she made a show of putting his number in her phone which she caught him smiling from the corner of her eye. Shortly after the bell rang as she gathered her stuff and met up with Seth outside to the English class door  " why were you so late" she questioned  raising her eyebrow in the process " when am I never not late?" he sarcastically  joked causing Sutton to smack his arm with her notebook " okay okay abusive one I slept through my alarm and debated not even showing up but I knew you would hate me if I left you by yourself on our first day" he laughed and knew Sutton couldn't be mad at him for that so she let it go.

The day passed quickly as Sutton only had to attend three classes a day due to her taking extra AP classes her previous years Seth was in her first class English and third being Calculus same with Axel and now was lunch and she had the rest of the day off, normal Seth had already earned detention for cracking jokes in math so due to him spending lunch with the teacher Sutton decided to go ahead and leave and grab lunch in town. Making her way to her car she sees there's something under her windshield wiper, a single white daisy very similar to the ones that grow in the meadow from her dream lay's perfectly against her windshield, knowing it could only be from Axel she silently smiles to herself taking to and inhaling the smell. Something catches her eye across the parking lot she see's Axel himself leaning against a matte black 1970's dodge charger he smiles at her which she automatically returns before she slides into her car and pulls out of the parking lot.