Chapter 2 Forty Thousand*

The wet nurse was a servant born in their master’s house, recently she offended the old lady’s personal maidservant, thus she was sent to Peng Hao* Courtyard. She had quite a lot of connections, so she was very well-informed on stories and news. Seeing the two young maids staring at herself with a curious shine in their eyes, momentarily, her chronic illness of chattiness once again appeared. She covered the door, said in a low voice, “There’s no need to say, young master really has a hidden disease!”

Hidden disease? Why don’t I know? You Shu* was shocked into a daze, two small hands groping his own body. Vision is normal, hearing normal, intelligence normal, moreover have no missing arms or legs, how can there be a hidden illness? Can it be that the internal organs have a disease? Congenital heart disease or neonatal pneumonia? But why is it that he doesn’t even feel a little discomfort?

His over-developed brain began to think at the speed of light, listing all the congenital diseases one by one, and finding out the corresponding symptoms and treatment. Because his head had been crammed with a clutter of information, a surprised expression had appeared on his face for only an instant, then his previous dazed, frozen, silly foolishness was recovered.

Two young maids glanced at the baby inside cradle. Screwing their brow, they said, “Could it be that the young master is a fool?”

You Shu was still thinking about the problem of treating congenital heart disease, so he did not hear them, had he heard he also wouldn’t care. He had always been indifferent, besides eating enough, sleeping well, working hard to live on, towards any other matters he had totally no passion. Whether the people beside him treat him well or badly, if it’s like or loathing, had never been within the boundaries of his considerations.

“Looking at this appearance it seems pretty like it,” the nurse also went to the side of the cradle to size him up, then following that, shook her head and said, “but this is not much of a hindrance, whether the young master is clever or crazy and foolish, Master doesn’t care at all. It’s his fate that has a problem.”

Fate? Could it be that I’m an Evil Solitary Star*? You Shu quickly withdrew his thoughts from the myriad of illnesses and began to recall Ba Gua*, Liu Yao*, destiny, yin and yang, and other esoteric metaphysical knowledge. The expression which had originally been wooden appeared even duller.

“Could it be that Eldest Young Master is an Evil Solitary Star?”

“Also not that.” The wet-nurse waved her hands, letting everyone bring their head over, saying softly, “Regarding this, there’s a certain story. According to sayings, the day Eldest Young Master was born, the Master had a dream. In his dream, his former colleague came to his door for a visit, saying that the forty-two silvers Master owed him had not been returned, as such, he specially came today to collect the debt. Just as Master woke up, Eldest Young Master was born, while that colleague had long since passed away five years ago. Therefore, the Lord firmly believes that the young master is that colleague’s reincarnation, come to claim his debt from him. So he was immensely dissatisfied with the eldest young master, scolding, again and again, Debt-Collector Ghost, even giving to Lady forty-two silvers, saying that eldest young master’s eating, wearing, using, will all be deducted from inside. Once deducted gone, Eldest Young Master should leave, from the beginning, he was even not the Wang Family’s people. “

“So, so there is actually such a thing?” The two little maidservants shivered, but not from the cold. They looked at You Shu’s face again and felt it was extremely terrifying.

You Shu’s face was dull. No matter what, he still couldn’t imagine that there was even this kind of inside story. He was obviously You Shu, when did he become a debt-collecting colleague? This family didn’t owe him money ah! Moreover,  how long can forty-two silvers be spent for? Once it’s all spent, this family will really drive himself out? His thoughts very quickly shifted from karma and fatalism to the prices of goods in various dynasties, rather worried about his future life.