Awake.

I fluttered open my eyes. All I could see was darkness. My back was laid down on a cool hard surface. My hands were roped together with a material I couldn't recognize. I couldn't move. Panic rose in my chest, my heart began speeding up as I struggled to bring life to my body. My eyes and my mouth could barely open. I began breathing heavily as I recalled the brief moments before I woke up. The wound...I couldn't feel anything... Nothing at all.

I heard a whimper, a girls. small and terrified, comepletley terrified.

"Hello?" I said with difficulty. My voice was coarse, but it trembled in fear. My throat felt like stone.

"Anybody there?" A timid response came. She sounded in her late teens. 

 "Hope? James?" Another voice said quietly. She was much younger, maybe twelve.

I felt terrified for me and the other girls. "It will be alright. Can either of you move?" I said trying to sound confident.

"I've been trying and I can move my right hand almost completley now." The older girl said trembling.

"Not at all." The younger girl said sobbing.

I tried to think of ways to distract the girls. I felt like it was my responsibility to keep them as calm as possible. They were young and afriad. So was I but that didn't matter right now.

"What are your names?" I said focusing on moving my left hand.

"Cara." The small girl whimpered.

"Saren." The other girl said quietly

"I'm Aliese."

"Whats going to happen to us?" Cara cried hysterically, she had snapped.

"We'll be fine...I'm sure we will!" Saren said strugling to calm Cara down.   

Then there was light. Blinding light. I felt my body surge, I cried out unexpectadly. I sat up, all feeling was back in my body. I blinked several times. My blond hair was matted agaisnt my shoulders, I had bruises across both arms, My leg had a bandage around it with a small red spot seeping through.

The room was  white. Comepletley white. There were giant collumns in the center. I continued to scan the room.

Saren had redish brown hair that barely reached her shoulders, it had a limp curl. She had a slightly freckled complection and her green eyes were looking around wildly. Cara had long almost black hair and blue eyes. She was small, her eyes were red and swollen from crying. we were all on different sides of the large room.

I heard a groan from behind me, I whipped around to see a crumpled figure stained with red. My heart stopped

"Char?"