Prologue-Reuben

Prologue:

Reuben couldn't seem to help himself. Ever since leaving the Kingdom just to go on a walk to get away from the hassles of being next in line to the throne, he couldn't ignore the strangle pulling in his gut. You, know, the kind you get when you can tell you're being drawn someplace, somewhere. He felt as if he was being led. As he walked through the thick woods, he kept hearing strange noises. It sounded as if a tiny baby was crying. He could tell he was getting close, real close. And sure enough, the closer he got to the edge of the woods, he saw a rather large house. To him, it wasn't too big, but to a regular human, it would be. It was white, with a blue roof and a porch that rapped around the entire house. It had two stories and a rather large yard, along with a dirt driveway. Your typical country home. Rueben heard the crying again and followed it. The crying interested him, though he didn't know why. Humans never interested him before, until now. He followed the strange feeling in his gut until it led him to a window on the top floor on the side of the house. He didn't need a ladder since it was easy enough to climb the tree that easily reached the side window. As he climbed he saw the strangest, yet most amazing thing he'd ever laid eyes on.

There, laying in a white barred crib, was a baby girl. She had pinkish skin, with large bright blue eyes and soft black hair that slightly covering her head. She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. He wished to go in there and hold her, gently rock her, anything to soothe her crying. Just as he said that, the babe looked straight at him, stopped crying, and smiled. His heart dropped at the sight and he couldn't help but smile back. He was just about to risk going in there, just to atleast touch her skin, when her mother came in. She picked her up in her arms and rocked her, even though she was already calmed down. Even though she was in her mother's arms, the baby kept staring at him. He guessed the mother noticed her staring, because she looked at the window, snd stared directly at it. Strangly enough, she didn't scream, just stared. Then, she gave a slight nod, as if almost acknoledging that she knew why he was there. He nodded back, and slid down the tree. Walking away, he was determined to come back when she turned 18. Because that human baby girl, was his mate. Strangely enough, that fragile human being, was meant to be his. And he would come back and mark what was rightfully his. He'd come back for Kyra.