chapter five: Meeting G&J

I hate the weather. Snow is everywhere! Usually I love it, playing with snow and skiing, but the school has given us a few days off because of the terrible weather. Of course I should be happy about it, but I'M not,t the school has given us a few days off because of the terrible weather. Of course I should be happy about it, but I'M not, because Dylan decided to leave for a couple of days, to God knows where. He left yesterday and he didn't even visit my dreams. I know they're not just dreams but... There's no proof! I'm now at the point where I've stopped caring if it's real or not; I just want him in my dreams. I opened my notebook and tried to think of some inspiration. Soon, I found myself drawing the garden that I visit every day with Dylan. I drew it better than I've ever drawn anything in my life. I had to admit it was amazing with such perfect detail. I felt so proud of myself.

I wanted to see Dylan so bad. I used to see him every day; If not in school, I would see him in my dreams. I wanted to see him so badly, so I told Keith on BBM that I'd take a nap so that he wouldn't bother me. Then I closed my eyes and I tried to focus on Dylan so that he could appear in my dreams, but nothing happened. After a few minutes, I fell into a seemingly dreamless sleep. However, after a while (not sure exactly how long), I found myself in the same garden where I usually meet Dylan in my dreams, but today there was a very large tree and on the middle of it I found my name written "JOHANNA". I still couldn't see Dylan so I kept searching for him in the places that we used to sit. I found him sleeping behind one of his trees in some meadow and when I got closer to him, he woke up and said " Johanna, I missed you so much."

I sat down next to him and replied "Where were you yesterday? I fell asleep early so you could come and visit me, but you didn't."

" I'm so sorry, I couldn't visit. You know that sitting with you, all night, talking with you means the world to me. It's the best part of my day, but I had to deal with some family issues and I couldn't leave. I'm so sorry."

Oh my god. This was the first time that he'd mentioned his family; I was starting to think that he didn't have one. I edged closer to him, "It's okay I understand... You never talk about your parents. I feel like you avoid that topic." I could sense him getting nervous.

After a pause, he answered, " It's a really normal family. I have one sister, her name is Gita. Of course I have a mother and a father too, that's it nothing special." The way he said 'special' hinted that he wanted me to close the topic, and then I remembered the tree with my name on it.

"Oh, when I was looking for you, I found a tree with my name on it. Do you know anything about it?" I asked, saying the last word with a smirk on my face.

He had an evil smile on his face as he said, "No. I don't know anything about it. Looks like you have a secret admirer."

I expressed fake shock on my face, "A secret admirer?! Aw, that's so cute! I feel like I know that person... Do you?"

Mocking me with the same look on his face, he said, " I think I do. He's hot, he's funny, he's a true artist, and, of course, he's sooo smart."

I rolled my eyes and said, "How can one person have such a huge ego?"

With a smirk, he replied, "It's not an ego, it's the truth. Look at me, I'm the perfect guy."

I rolled my eyes again and said "Yeah, Yeah... one day someone will slap you because you need to wake up."

He smiled, and said with too much ego, "And, one day, you'll see how awesome I am... Keith is waking you up now. I'm coming to school tomorrow and I'll have a surprise for you. Bye my sweet, Johanna." Before I could say anything, I found Keith's voice waking me up.

Keith wanted me to babysit Carine because he and mom were going to spend the night in some hotel. It's their anniversary. I still don't know how Dylan knew that I won't be able to get any sleep, until mom and Keith come back, because I feel so afraid that something happen to Carine. So I sat down beside her and I drank coffee all night. Finally, at 6:00am, my grandma arrived to babysit Carine, so that I could get ready for school.

While Carine was asleep, I remembered Dylan's words. I love when he calls me 'sweet Johanna'. He even, sometimes, sings me the song from 'Sweeny Todd', 'I feel you Johanna'. I love it when he does, I love his voice. When he says my name it's the best lullaby ever. I wish he could feel the same way about me because being his best friend is not enough. I want more. I love that he's mysterious, but, at the same time, I really want to know him better. I can't believe that today was the first time he told me that he has a sister. It hurt a little, but I don't care because at least he told me.

I kept day dreaming for hours, thinking of nothing but Dylan, then I heard knocking on the door. When I looked at the clock I found it at six sharp so it must be my grandma. I opened the door for her and talked with her for a while. Then I went to my room, changing my clothes fast as I was so excited because I want to know what the surprise is. If there's a real surprise it will mean that I'm not completely crazy.

I finished dressing and went downstairs to say goodbye to my granny. Then I headed to school. The minute I stepped in school, I looked for Dylan but I couldn't find him. Instead, I found some of my friends so I sat with them, but after a while I heard Dylan's laugh. I turned and found him laughing with a girl. They both seem like they know each other from somewhere. My heart sank. Is this his surprise? He wants to introduce me to his girlfriend! I felt like crying, but then he seemed to notice me. Some guy put his hand on the girl's shoulder and the three of them headed in my direction. Dylan, with a big smile on his face, said "This is the surprise."

Those words sent a wave of electric current throughout my body. This is real! Everything! The dream, all of it, was real! I tried to focus and I heard him saying "This is my sister, Gita." She was a tall girl; very beautiful with long hair, the same colour of Dylan's hair. Then he said, "And this is John. He's been my best friend since I was month old and he is Gita's boyfriend. I still can't believe that... And guys, this is my best friend, the girl that I trust the most."

Gita looked at him with angry eyes, "Of course she is, but only after you my lil sis."

We all laughed and they said "Johanna."

Yes! I finally met his sister.

You guys will soon learn everything about Dylan's power, but things will get far more complicated

_________________________________________________

hey guys Ihope you liked the chapter it took a lot of work to do 

please comment and Vote it will mean a lot to me 

I hope you come back for the next chapter muahhh