Chapter 1

Toni POV
I walked into Pop's with Sweet Pea and Fangs after school. We found a booth close to the entrance and sat down after ordering shakes. Them on the side facing the door and me on the other side with my back to it.
"So, where's your girlfriend?," Sweet Pea asked, looking up from his phone.

"She had cheer practice."

"Wait, so why aren't you there?"

"I'm quitting the team. I think I'd be better suited for the football team," I said, sipping on my chocolate shake.

"Have you told Cheryl this?," Fangs asked.

"No, but I'm thinking that if I skip enough practices that she'll kick me off the team anyway." I looked up at both of them expectantly when I didn't get an immediate response.

"That doesn't seem very smart," Sweet Pea said, staring at me.

"Maybe not, but it's better to live your dreams now and ask for forgiveness later."

"Says who?"

"Says me, and that's the end of this conversation."

"If you say so...I'm just saying that this might cause some problems at home."

"Or maybe even sooner than that," Fangs said, looking at something behind me.

"What is that supposed to mean?," I asked, giving both of them weird looks.

"Are you serious right now?," I heard behind me. I momentarily tensed, and the guys smirked at me. I turned my body partially in the booth to see Cheryl, Betty, Veronica, and the rest of the Vixens cheer squad. They all looked pretty amused...all of them except Cheryl. My beautiful, amazing, wonderful, sensational girlfriend stood there with her arms crossed looking beyond pissed. (Unbelievably hot as hell, but super pissed). I quickly went into crisis prevention mode and tried to figure out the best plan to leave me in the least amount of trouble.

"Hey there gorgeous," I said, looking up at her. Yeah, judging by the subtle nostril flare and slight eye roll that was not the way to go.

"Don't even try it, Topaz," she said, while sliding into the booth next to me. The rest of the Vixens sat down in the surrounding booths and at the nearby front counter and turned their bodies accordingly in order to get the best view of what they hoped would be a good show. I tried to grab Cheryl's hand, but she snatched it away from me before I could make full contact.    "Why are you here?," she asked, glaring at me.

"I was hungry."

Once again, judging by the way her eyes sparked at me, that was not the answer she was looking for. She kept glaring at me and Sweet Pea and Fangs started laughing loudly. I whipped my head around and stared at them. They immediately subdued their chuckles and looked down. Cheryl grabbed my face and turned my head back to her.

"Hey, focus on me right now."

"I'm sorry, baby. What's up?"

"Why were you not at practice, Toni?"

"I don't really want to be on the team anymore."

"Why?!?"

"I would just rather be free to explore other extracurricular activities."