Chapter 14 - My world

Let me talk first. When we were done, I was sick too. I thought I had you forever, you were my soul mate and the separation moved me, made me see everything by a different prism and I lost, not only my boyfriend, but worse than that, I lost my best friend, who was there for me, who listened to me and who knew exactly what to say! And I was not ready to lose you, I wanted you to fight for me! I wanted to feel what I felt when we met, that it was all for you and that nothing would change that ... the problem is that, from the moment we separated, I did not hear from you, did not fight for me, and over the For the last few years I've been waiting for a message from you, a call. Everything that wanted to hear yours took 7 years to appear. And in these 7 years that have passed, there has not been a single day that has not thought of you! Because you were and are my soul mate, you were the person with whom I imagined myself to go to the altar, you were the person who made me dream ...- Vanessa?!?

- Hey ... Can I come in?

It was almost sunrise, and he hadn't slept yet. He felt tired, but having Vanessa Hudgens there, in his house in front of him, made him overcome sleep.

- Yes of course! Come in, sit down, do you want something to drink?

- No, thank you...

- I thought you were on your way to New York, what are you doing here?

- And I should be, but I couldn't go without solving something before...

- What? - Zac asked.

- Zac, what you said back in that bar...is that what you feel?

Zac knew he opened his heart, but he was a bit touched with alcohol. By now the effect had passed and his courage to say what he felt wasn't the same anymore.  

- Completely true - he said, a little embaraced. 

- And why you didn't come to me? Why you didn't fought for me? Why you didn't made me feel wanted? In the last 7 years you didn't call me once, I didn't have any contact with you, what were you thinking?!

- But, Vanessa...

-  Let me talk first. When we were done, I was sick too. I thought I had you forever, you were my soul mate and the separation changed me, made me see everything by a different way and I lost, not only my boyfriend, but worse than that, I lost my best friend, who was there for me, who listened to me and who knew exactly what to say! And I wasn't ready to lose you, I wanted you to fought for me! I wanted to feel what I felt when we met, that I was you're everything and that nothing would change that ... the problem is that, from the moment we separated, I didn't hear nothing from you, you didn't fought for me, and over the last few years I've been waiting for a message from you, a call. Everything that I wanted to hear from you took 7 years to appear. And in these 7 years that have passed, there hasn't been a single day that I haven't thought about you! Because you were and you are my soul mate, you were the person with whom I imagined myself to go to the altar, you were the person who made me dream...

- But.. we can try - Zac interrupted.

- We could try, but it's too late now Zac, and it's not all that easy. Love isn't easy and I've hitted my head against the wall a lot and I never learn, this time I have to do what's right and I have to marry the man who was there for me, who made me feel priority, that took my hand when I nedeed the most! I owe him that, I owe him everything!

- I'm not so sure about that.

- Oh really? And why you say that? - Vanessa asked.

- Because in this speech you did, you didn't say once that you loved him. You think it's the right thing to do marry him, but if you think about it, you can't marry someone you don't love. You can make him happy, but you can never give him everything he gives to you and love is to be lived for two, you can't reach the age of 50 and feel any regret, love has to fill you and you know that you don't love him as much as he loves you. And I know that I don't have the right to destroy your relationship 7 years later, but I believe that was fate that brought us together the first time, I want to believe that your plane was canceled so that we could be happy again.

- Zac, I can't - Vanessa said as she cried - I've been with Austin for almost 7 years, we lived incredible things together, we've overcome problems together, I can't leave him to live a life that I lived a long time ago. 

- V, we were 20 years old, different times and what I feel is that I need you, that you complete me! I can't stop thinking about you, for the last 7 years.

- I'm sorry, Zac, I can't - and crying compulsively, she stands up and runs out the door.

Zac runs after her. Although it wasn't cold, it was raining a lot and Zac could barely see where Vanessa was going, but he couldn't stop, he doesn't know how much longer he was going to stay away of her. Finally, with great effort, he reached her.  

- Zac, leave me, please...

- Vanessa, please, just listen to me once more - Zac said - Let me just ask you a question, if you answer me I'll leave you alone, I call a Taxi and you could go home.  

They both stopped, Vanessa kept her back to Zac. They were close but the rain was so heavy that it was hard for Zac to keep his eyes open.

- Tell me just one thing, and I promise I'll leave you. Do you still love me? - he asked.

Full silence. Since this was a quiet neighborhood, they didn't have the risk of being caught by paparazzi or fans.

- Tell me, please, Vanessa! Do you still love me?

- Zac, I can't answer that... 

- V, I don't know how you can even think of getting married when you don't love him! You deserve to be happy, I love you, I have always loved you and I can make you happy, I want to be happy by your side, I want to be the reason for your smile, I want to be the person you think about when you wake up and when you fall asleep, I want to be the one to travel the world with you, because I promise that I'll have all the time in the world for you, believe me!  

- What did you say? - Vanessa asked as she turned to Zac.

-That I'll have all the time in the world for you, that I want to take you to see the world with me! - reaffirmed Zac.

- No, before that - she said, as she was getting closer to him - you love me?

- I love you, I love you the way I've never loved anyone, the way I'll never love anyone again. I love you since the moment we met and this 7 years haven't erased, I love the way you smile, the way you look at me, I love the way you know how to be independent but need me at the same time, I love your humility, I love you,and I'm so sorry for taking too long to realize that it's with you that I want to stay the rest of my life.

Vanessa then kissed him. God, the time they both waited for that kiss, for the meeting of their mouths, for that gesture of love. And the world there stopped, only they interested, finally, 7 years later.

- You don't know how much i've missed you! - she said.

Drenched in water, they decided to go to Zac's house and have the night they waited for so long, a night of love, in honor of the good old days.