chapter two.

Beware; unedited.

Chapter Two

                “I’ll see you later,” Tara told Blake, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

                She turned to get out of the car, her hand reaching towards to the door handle when Blake grabbed her arm, turning her back to him. His lips crashed against hers. It was a hungry kiss, like he hadn’t kissed her in forever, but Tara didn’t resist. She just kissed him back. Her hands wove their way through his hair while his hands cupped each of her cheeks.

                When they both finally pulled away from each other, Blake rested his forehead against Tara’s, sighing in content. She closed her eyes, savoring the moment of sweet bliss.

                “Alright,” Tara sighed, not wanting to leave him. “I really do have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

                She gave Blake another peck before sliding out of the car and closing the door as quietly as she could. She walked down the street, taking off her flip flops so that you couldn’t hear them. The less noise she made, the better.

                The butterflies in her stomach fluttered as she neared the house. Why was she still so nervous when she did this? It wasn’t nearly the first, and hopefully not close to the last. Even if Tara couldn’t have Blake after high school, she wanted him up until the last second. She needed him; she craved his presence. She wasn’t sure how she was going to survive without him, but Tara knew she needed to fuel up on as much Blake-time as she could, hopefully having enough to suffice her needs long enough for them to pass.

                Taking a deep breath, Tara approached her window. Every time she snuck out or back in, she was always so happy that her room was on the first floor. It would have been a pain in the ass if her room were on the second one. Prodding he window up carefully so she avoided any squeaking, Tara made her way back into the house ever so carefully. Even though she was pretty sure her father wouldn’t have been able to hear any small noises, she wanted to be thorough just in case.

                Relieved to be back in her own room with the window closed and everything seemingly normal other than her attire, Tara let out a breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding. Knowing that she couldn’t take a shower at that moment because that would wake her father up for sure, Tara just quickly changed out of her clothes and into a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt. She always wore that to bed; somehow her father didn’t see a problem with yoga pants, and even though Tara didn’t realize it, the majority of the boys at her school thanked the good lord that her father thought they were fine- including Blake.

                After tossing her clothes into her dirty clothes basket, Tara climbed into her warm, soft bed before laying her head down on her plush pillow. Instantly, a deep slumber encircled Tara, comforting her like a childhood blanket. All she thought about that night was Blake and what it would be like to have a different father who wasn’t a protective as her own; one that would let her date Blake freely and do as she pleased.

                As Blake rode home, he couldn’t help the sweating of his palms. All he could think about was the worst scenario. Tara’s father was sitting on her bed, waiting for her to return home with a knowing and disapproving look on his face. Tara would most likely be questioned immensely before her father decided to ship her off to an all-girls boarding school in Bumfuck, Egypt. Then, Blake would never see Tara again and he would die a lonely, aged man. Instead of having cats, he’d probably have a shit-load of dogs. Blake was more of a dog person anyway; they were manlier.