CHAPTER 3: Keep you by my side

DE'ASIA POV :
January 23, 2016 9:02pm:

{ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. }
(Harmony above)

" Momma my dadee Owside ?" Harmony asked me.

" No . shhhh baby we gotta be quiet " I told her and hugged her tightly . All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I jumped and gasped but stayed silent and waited.

"It's me , it's jayce" I heard jayceons voice. I sighed with relief .

I grabbed Harmonys hand and opened the closest door then walked across the room. I unlocked the door and opened it .

"Here" jayce said shoving Harmonys baby bag into my arms.

"Come on" he said grabbing my hand and pulling me reluctantly out the room and up the stairs then right out the front door.

"Where we goin jayce . What happened?" I asked him confused as hell. We approached a black 2018 Honda civic.

"You gon stay with him for a while" jayce told me as he tapped on the window.

"With who?" I asked. Just then the window rolled down and a sexy Lucas was in the driver's seat. My heart stopped . This can not be happening.

"What ?? Jayce why ? What happened?" I panicked. After all something real important must have happened for me to have to go stay with a complete stranger.

"Lucas gon explain it all to you but you gotta go right now" jayce said opening the back door and putting harmony in. "Lucas gon bring yo stuff to you later when everything cool down"

My stuff ? How long am I staying ?

"Jayce-"

"Go Dee !! We ain't got time for questions just know this is all for yo own good" jayce spat looking dead through my eyes. I stayed quiet and nodded . I walked around the car and got in the passenger side.

"Drop her and lil mama off and get yo ass back here." jayce told Lucas "and keep 'em safe for me"

"Situated" Lucas told him. Jayce nodded and looked over to me.

"I love you sis" he told me.

"I love you too jayce" I mumbled. He nodded once again and backed away from the car. Lucas then pulled out the drive and drove away from jayce house. My heart sank.

"Yo mans Malachi nd his potnahs know you hidin out with jayce . They finna get it sparkin round here and it ain't safe for you and yo daughter to be around. You gon kick it with me til everything calm down and Malachi ain't a problem no more" Lucas explained to me.

"When will that be?" I asked him.

"Ain't no tellin ... But ima keep you nd yo daughter safe and livin good by my side til that happen. I won't let nun happen to y'all" he told me with reassurance in her voice.

I nodded and stayed quiet. I contemplated my life . How did I even put myself in this situation.

"I know you ain't so big on livin with a nigga you don't even know . But don't think of it like that. You can trust me and trust me when I say I won't do nun to hurt you . Jayce would kill me if I did" Lucas told me. It put a smile on my face .

I looked down at my hands and nodded as we came to a red light. I felt Lucas looking at me but played like I didn't.

"You got a cute smile you know that ?" He said . I looked up at him and chuckled.

"Nun uhn. I know you not tryna lay down the Mack during all this" I said smiling. He smiled too and laughed.

"Maybe I am .. I mean I been checkin for you since I walked in jayce front door" he said . I played it cool but really my stomach was doin back flips.