Last Farewells (or maybe not)

Saturday - April 5, 2014 (5 days later)
0545 hours

My phone had woken me up at fifteen minutes before six. The adzan (Muslim call for prayer) was about to be sounded from the mosque in Uptown, so I forced myself up and out of bed. I rose up and stretched a bit, then headed for a warm shower.

It was five days after the talent show. Benjamin had finally confessed and won his best friend's heart over and she became his girlfriend, Thea confessed to her crush, but it didn't turn out as expected. But hey, she got an offer to hang out with him, at least. And his number, too!

Meanwhile, a lot had happened in just those five days.

Tuesday, The Crew, Thea Sisters included, went to stop and expose a corporate espionnage. A chocolate cheese snack cake factory had its sales going downhill and a rival company had theirs with a brand new image to their packaging and sold better than the former overnight. It sounded suspicious, so we were talked into looking it by the owner of the company. We found out that someone from the inside had sold the company's trade secrets (the recipe) over to the rival. We were put near to death when we were about to be dipped in a pool of hot, boiling chocolate after sneaking in the rival's factory for evidence, but we escaped when the owner of the company thought it was a good idea to leave us with unarmed guards. We escaped, went to the police, then had the rival company's boss and the mole sentenced for illegally selling trade secrets. This scoop was made public on prime time news at that day.

Our good ally Russell returned home to his home and wife, Yelena, in Nice, France, with his new car. He was welcomed home with great news - his wife was one month pregnant! He informed us the same day he found out, and we couldn't feel more happy than he was.

Kamal Hussein and his team, the Specters had returned home to Malaysia. Before that, they cleaned out the things in Paris, and found Firas. They took him home with them, told us about it, and they said they arranged a hero's funeral for him. I felt bad for missing it, but at least Firas received what he truly deserved. I planned to go visit sometime after. Hussein's two teammates, Adam and Malik, were hospitalized in Malaysia also. They had third degree burns from the Hellfire missile's fireball back during Julie's rescue mission, and they were knocked out in a coma. Doctors expect them to wake up not that soon, but not for too long either since they suffered mild head trauma.

The Eiffel Tower and Paris was undergoing reconstruction and repairs as soon as Thursday. The city and the tower should be fully restored in a year.

Julie stayed under Interpol's protective custody, in The Crew's Ops Command until Thursday. Interpol provided her transport to her home in Paris, where fighting between the French military and The Technologists didn't happen. She informed Colette about it, and she informed us. We felt grateful that she made it back to her home safe and sound.

SO, back to me.

I had showered, got dressed, performed my prayers and went down to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for the Thea Sisters and their teacher as they sail back. Some spaghetti Aglio e Olio with some cottage cheese sprinkled on top. I knew that they would love it if I cooked up something. It's the only thing that will make them not to forget about me. Plus, I love cooking for other people and seeing their reactions. They would react to my mother's cooking because all I use are her recipes.

After packing them in small Tupperware lunch boxes, I stuffed them all in a bag to give to them at their departure later.
______________________________________
New Mouse Harbor
1004 hours

We reached New Mouse Harbor at about ten in the morning. I, as usual, provided the Thea Sisters with transport in the form of a Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG S. In a three-car convoy as yesterday, we traveled together with the CLS in the middle as the two other cars acted as escorts.