1. Cherry Grove

Chapter One.

Stepping off the airplane at the airport in Cherry Grove, a little town in west California, I had probably the biggest smile you can imagine on my face. The warm sun beamed down, making my first day back home all the more welcoming. I had spent a whole year just traveling with my parents and my older sister, I had gotten some amazing photos that I couldn't wait to show everyone.

We had been all over the place, we could afford it as my daddy had just sold his business to some big company. I didn't know the exact details, just that he had enough to take us around most of the world.

 The one thing that I was looking forward to the most was seeing my boyfriend, Jason. He was pretty much perfect I guess. After spending a year without him though, well, I just couldn't do that again. I'd known Jason since I was eleven and he was thirteen. We were best friends up until my eighteenth birthday when he told me he loved me. It'd been three years and I couldn't imagine life without him.

I made my way to baggage claim, trying to find my purple and white suitcase. Hoping that it would be here quickly so I could go and find Jason. I knew he'd be here somewhere, just waiting for me.

"Well, if it isn't Alexis Ashton, so lovely to see you again," I heard a voice speak behind me. I held my breath, before releasing it and taking a deep breath in. Then I turned to face him. Lucas. He walked over to me and handed me my suitcase, "Here, I got it just before you walked in, didn't want you to have to wait for ages." He smiled, his green eyes sparkling. I just stared at him, my heart racing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, the hatred showing in my voice. I was so shocked that he was even here. How he even had the nerve to show up, I didn't know. He had betrayed his best friend and in a moment of weakness I betrayed the same man. If only he had died while I was gone, then I'd never have to face him again.

Well, maybe that's a bit extreme. If not dead, he could of at least moved away.

"What?" He asked, "Jason still doesn't know what happened between us the night you left, as far as he's concerned we're just friends." He grinned at me.

"It was just a kiss, nothing actually happened." I stated, glaring at him, "And FYI we are not friends."

"Whatever, you're still a cheater," He said, "Some girlfriend you are."

"Yeah," I said, "And some best friend you are." I did a half smile and tilted my head, heading for the exit. He followed behind me, "Your boyfriend sent me to pick you up, so you're stuck with me until we get back to his house" I heard him say. Dammit. Then my plans for avoiding him were out the window.

Maybe I could push him out of a window.

We got to his car and I put my suitcase in the back. He tried to help me, but ended up offending me. What, did he think I didn't have the brain capacity to place something in the back of a car? I wasn't the brightest spark but give me some credit.

I sat in the front and leaned against the window. He got in and clicked a button which made the window scroll down, and then made my arm and head that had been resting on it slip slightly. I turned to glare at him but he was laughing.

Lucas still looked the same, older of course but the same. He was three years older than me, and I was twenty-one. His hair was light brown just like it had always been, and he still had the same Californian tan. He was still so beautiful...no. What the hell was I thinking?!