Chapter 14

Calum stepped over to Ashton, slinging his arm over him.

"Before we say anything, how about we talk about what the four of us are doing tomorrow?" Calum said as he led Ashton to a chair and sat him down.

"Oh, yeah! I needed to talk to you about tonight and tomorrow," Ashton began, completely forgetting about wanting an explanation from the three of us. He began going off about how he planned for us to eat at a restaurant by the beach, and Calum was just nodding along. Then the two got into plans of tomorrow, how they wanted to explore the city and maybe check out the beach, depending on the weather.

Luke sat on Calum's bed, watching the two. He'd occasionally pitch in and start throwing some ideas, and the two would agree. I, however, managed to sneak back out onto the balcony unnoticed.

I just really like standing out here and looking out at the city. It puts me into such a calm mood. The sound of cars from below, occasional sirens that happened now and then, it was all so peaceful.

I'm not sure what time it is now, but the day was slowly turning into night. And since there were a lot of clouds in the sky, it was darker than usual.

I heard a rumbling sound and it was very closeby.

There really was a storm coming.

I gulped, because I knew I wouldn't find comfort tonight. There are times where I'd have to go through the storm alone, but most of the time I wouldn't. Ashton checks the weather forecast and whenever he suspects a storm to happen in the evening he comes over to my place and sleeps over. He and I would cuddle close together on my bed, because it helped me through the thunderstorm.

But due to this stupid buddy thing I don't think Ashton will be there, lying in the same bed as I.

I'll be going through it alone.

The thought of being by myself terrified me. I don't know what it was about storms. It's probably whenever thunder cracked through the sky it'd scare me. It'd happen randomly and it'd always catch me by surprise. I didn't like that.

I don't want to be scared, but I can't help it.

Another thunder clap happened and this time it was a bit louder. I didn't want to be by myself if it came back again, so I went inside the room.

The guys were still talking about plans, and I didn't know how to join in the conversation, so I just lied down on Ashton's bed.

"We will definitely check out the beach!" Calum exclaimed as I turned my head to look at him. "I want to go swimming!"

"Then we could probably go and buy some souvenirs," Ashton suggested, "so we can remember this trip."

"Those aren't such bad ideas," Luke said.

"They're pretty good ideas, what are you talking about, Lucas?"

"Yeah, Lukey!" Then Calum faced me. "What do you think, Mikey?" I really wasn't expecting him to call me out. Now all three pairs of eyes were on me.

"Uh..." I glanced over at Luke and he had a look on his face that, for once, wasn't filled with hatred towards me. It was more like he was actually curious as to what I had to say. "They're all nice ideas..."

"Anything you want to add?"

"Not really, no."

"We should do this more often," Ashton began, "go on trips, I mean. How about over the summer we do this again?"

"I'm already excited, and this one hasn't even ended yet!" Calum cheered as he began jumping all over the place.

"What time is it now?" Luke asked. "I'm already starving." Ashton grabbed his phone that was lying on the table beside him.