Not his Fault

Raising her cigarette to her mouth, she takes another puff. Keeping his head forward he says, "You know, we aren't hidden here." 

Letting smoke pour from her lips, she replies, "You know, I don't really care. It'll do." 

He is disappointed in her. She started all of this and now she couldn't care less. A small grumble of anger escapes him. 

"Oh, spare me, one of us has to stay calm." 

He is almost offended. He got her out of this mess and could send her right back to it if he wanted. You're a disgrace. Two police officers stand exactly opposite them across the road, talking to each other. If she is spotted, it's jail time. "Now I wonder what will happen if those two across the road found out you were right here? Wouldn't that be unfortunate?" he says placing a firm grip on her throat. She is opening her mouth to speak, but nothing but wheezing noises leave her mouth. "Hard to breathe? Well don't let them see that," he adds all cockily. One of the officers stops their conversation to look at them. He notices her squirming  trying to escape his grasp. Within seconds the other officer turns to look, luckily they can't see him slowly crushing her wind pipe. The officers' staring intensifies, he still cares and doesn't want anything bad to happen to her. Using his other arm he pulls her in and hugs her, with her head laying on his shoulder. The officers attention is taken away by a kid ridding by on a skate board, throwing old rotten food and flipping them off in escape. The boy is then chased. 

The only movement between them is small drop of blood trickling out of her nose.