bonus chapter #1.

sinai sat by the living room table. she bit at her nails, trying to force her nervousness to leave her body. she hated the anticipation. she hated the fact that he was late once again.

when the door was pushed open, sinai's frown was quickly replaced with a smile as she saw her husband. she stood up, walking towards him and wrapping her arms around his neck. "hi baby."

"hey wife," he spoke, nose nudging against hers before he pressed a sweet, soft kiss to her lips.

"how was dinner? were you able to land another client?" sinai asked as she took his jacket from him, carefully putting it away. she watched as he loosened his tie, a smile on his lips.

"of course, i'm that talented," jimin winked, earning an eye roll from sinai. but, deep down, she knew he was right. "how was work?"

"oh, same old, a lot of parents being way harder to deal with than their sick children," sinai complained, chuckling lightly. being a pediatrician sure was what she loved the most, but truth was, she loved the kids. not the parents.

"oh, what's that?" he pointed to the living room table, where the album was spread open.

"i was just looking at this album i've been making," sinai explained as she walked towards the table, pulling a chair and sitting down, motioning for him to do the same. "it's just random pictures of us, ever since our first date."

"aw, and you say i'm the cheesy one," jimin grinned as he sat down next to her. "i love things like this though."

sinai chuckled, nodding a little. "yeah, i figured you'd like it. plus, it's the best way to keep track of our memories."

"can i?" jimin asked as he flipped the pages back to the first one. sinai nodded, biting her bottom lip.

the two of them looked at the pages, commenting on each photograph. the first one to catch jimin's attention was one she had taken of him at an amusement park, on one of their many dates.

"i can't believe you kept this," jimin gasped, making sinai cover her mouth as she laughed. "i can't believe you let my hair look that crazy after that one ride."

"it was one hell of a ride, i'll give you that," sinai chuckled, wrapping her arm around his as he kept looking.

there were pictures of their wedding, and the two of them looked fondly at each other as they remembered the day. it had easily been the best day of his life, and the second best day of hers.

"you looked so beautiful," jimin smiled before pressing a soft peck to her lips. "i kind of miss your brown hair."

"yeah? i kind of like this new orange one though, it makes me look at least a bit younger," she sighed, pretending to smooth over her wrinkles.

"don't exaggerate, you're only twenty-seven," he shook his head. "and besides, i think you only get better every day."

seven years of being together, and she still couldn't get used to his compliments. they'd still make her blush like a tomato, and he still enjoyed the obvious impact he had on her.

jimin flipped the page once more, pointing to one of their pictures while they were on their honeymoon. "god, i miss the maldives."

"you bet," sinai pouted, pressing her chin against his shoulder. "i miss the sun and not having to worry about anything else but each other."

jimin turned his gaze to her for a second. "and having sexy time every day," he wiggled his eyebrows, making sinai laugh.

"you perverted man," she shook her head, though she secretly, or well, not so secretly loved it.

there were a few more random pictures covering the next few pages, sinai's heart speeding up as he was almost landing on the page she most wanted him to see. placing her hand on her chest, she eyed the man she was lucky to call her husband lovingly. there was nothing she wouldn't do for him, she was sure of it.

jimin scanned the pages curiously, almost as if wanting to remember and relive every single one of those moments. he often felt like now they wouldn't get much time together, which still bothered him, but at the same time made him appreciate these moments even more.

flipping the page once again, his eyes landed on a rather odd black and white picture. his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, his fingertips tracing it.

"sinai... what's this?" he eyed the girl, who was nervously smiling as she only pointed to the small description under the picture.

baby's first scan

jimin's eyes widened as he slowly took in the new information. he turned his body to sinai, who no longer could hold back the huge grin and tears slipping from her eyes.

"you're... you're... we...?" jimin stuttered, eyeing her stomach.

"you're gonna be a father, jimin," she nearly whispered the words, all the emotions overwhelming her as he picked her up in his arms, spinning her around, the biggest smile on his face.

"i love you so fucking much!" he exclaimed, setting her down only to kiss her passionately.

her hands pressed against the back of his neck as he put both of his hands on her cheeks. his lips moved against hers in sync, conveying everything he seemingly wouldn't be able to describe through words.

then, his lips left hers only so he could attack her with questions. "when... when did you find out? how far along? is it a boy or a girl? oh my god, how is this real?"

"baby calm down, breathe," sinai chuckled, still keeping his body close to hers. "i had been feeling a bit sick the past few days. i thought it was the flu, so today i asked my colleague to do a checkup on me. when i told her all my symptoms, she took me to the ob and i had a scan," she lifted her shoulders slightly, still unable to wipe the grin off her face. "i'm six weeks, it seems, and i still don't know if it's a boy or a girl."

jimin listened to sinai carefully, his head shaking slightly. "i still can't believe it," cupping her face in his hands, he took a deep breath. "god i love you."

"i love you too, jiminie," she smiled as she pecked his lips before he slowly lowered himself so his eyes would be at the same level as her stomach.

"and i already love you too," he spoke, his voice in a whisper. when sinai looked down, she noticed he too was teary eyed. "you have no idea just how wanted you are."

placing her hand on jimin's, she slowly lifted her shirt and placed his hand on her bare stomach. "another step in this perfect life."

"it seems that i only get luckier every day," jimin shook his head, tears slipping down his cheeks as he hugged her body close to his.

"but you still should've rated me a ten."

***

author's note

AHHHHHH i couldn't help myself. im suffering over here.

i saw this post about a woman announcing her pregancy to her husband like that and i got inspired. omg i just love them too much.

ly guys sm, thank you for 5k! ❤