Rich Boys Can't Love Final chapter

Drake and I stared at each other in panic as Vincent's footsteps grew fainter. One of us had to go after him, but I wasn't in shape to be the one chasing a healthy 17 year old boy around. I looked at Drake pleadingly and without a word he slipped out of the room and after Vincent. I could hear receding footsteps then new ones coming closer. Mark stood in my doorway with a smile on his face. "So I see that you have worked everything out with Drake! I'm so happy for you. Now your life can get back on track!" Mark genuinely did look happy for me, but I had to tell him the truth.

"Mark I'm not with Drake anymore. We both agreed it wouldn't work out." Confusion swept his features as he thought it over. His lips turned down into a frown.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm in love with Vincent!" The words were blurted out before I could stop them.

"You are?" Disbelief was in his voice, but when I turned to answer Mark, he was no longer standing there. Vincent was, and he had the look of the happiest man alive on his face.

My voice was shaky and I didn't know if I could speak. "Yes I am, I'm in love with an egotistical, big headed boy like you." I looked him in the eyes while I said it and I wasn't expecting anything from him. My greatest surprise came when he replied.

"Carter I have been waiting weeks to hear you say that. And that works just fine with me, because I love you too." I was just speechless. Did Vincent really say he loves me? How could a guy like him ever even notice a girl like me? I just stood there staring at Vincent with wide eyes. He came next to me and grabbed a hand. He lifted it up and kissed all five knuckles. It sent multiple shivers down my spine. I was in heaven.

Time passed by quickly after that. Soon I was ejected from the hospital and school had become much better. Vincent and I were inseparable; we were found every where together. Mark had taken the news well, he was still my best friend and Drake had surprisingly moved on quickly. I met his new girlfriend; she seemed nice enough. Vincent had been the perfect boyfriend so far and I was wondering if this was a dream and if I was going to wake up anytime soon. I felt like I didn't deserve Vincent; he was too perfect and charming for even the most perfect girl in the world. I just hoped that I could make him happy.

I was in thought as Vincent kissed my forehead. "What are you thinking so hard about babe? You look like you're about to have a brilliant idea." I nudged him in the side. He was teasing me again for drifting off into no mans' land.

"Well if you insist on teasing me like that sweetie, I guess I won't tell you what I was thinking about."

"Well I'm thinking something and it has to do with you..."

"Mhmm and what is it?"

"Oh I'm not telling you until you tell me what you were thinking of."

"But that's not fair! Vincent please tell me?"

"You tell first."

I let out an exasperated sigh and made a big fuss about what I was going to say. "Well if you must know Vincent. I was just thinking about how perfect you are and how much I don't deserve you, and how much I love you." I said everything in a rush and looked at Vincent nervously. We hadn't said the words 'I love you' yet and this was the first time since the hospital. I was anxious to how Vincent would react. When I looked at his face my heart melted. He had the happiest expression on his beautiful face. He looked at me adoringly and it was clear he felt the same way. He caught me up in a hug and fiercely kissed me; I returned the kiss just as affectionately. When we finally pulled apart, we were both breathing a little heavier.

"Well Carter, I just want you to know that I love you. I love you more than anything in this world. When I first met you I was captivated by your beauty, but I never imagined myself falling in love with you, but you Carter have captured my heart and I think this is it. You're perfect in every way and so kind to everyone. I was jealous that you were so nice to Mark and Drake but always seemed to despise me. I wanted to trade places with them but I'm perfectly happy at where I am now. I'm with the love of my life and I would give up everything to stay here. I love you Carter and nothing could ever change that." I had tears in my eyes as he recited this whole speech with such emotion. I really was the luckiest girl in the world. I just threw my arms around his neck and buried my head into his chest.

I whispered fiercely, "I love you too, I love you so much Vincent."

He pulled back and looked me in the eyes and muttered two words..."I know." He kissed me again, but this time it was softer. There was no sense of urgency behind it, as if we had all the time in the world. I think we would have all the time in the world. I had a feeling this would last forever and ever. I would love Vincent forever and ever.