Chapter 8 - The New Threat

Again, I woke up on the cliff, only I realized it didn't seem as high up. I saw the wayer had been rising, it crashed roughly again the jagged rocks stickig out of the cliff. I looked farther and saw the dark front had been getting increasingly closer and i realized what had to be happening. The area was being ingulfed by the void and it was only a matter of time till I went with it.

I walked farther away, suddenly I broke into a jog and I ran farther than the first time I had tried exploring. I ran up the side of a hill and realized I was running up the side of a cliff, I got farther up and ran into another cliff that went vertical. I thought if this was a diffrent dimension, mabye it had diffrent physics, so I placed one foot flat against the wall and hesitated, thinking if this didn't work than I may as well be dead, than I saw a glow at the top and decided I had to try. I closed my eyes and lifted my other foot up onto the wall and expected to start falling down the side of the cliff I had been climbing but instead I just stuck there. I looked up to see the sky and black clouds that seemed to be taking over the sky, I decided I had to hurry to the top.

I started walk and once I had gotten more comfotable I started to jog, than I ran into a sprint. It took me three minutes of full-out sprinting to reach the top and once my I got there I jump onto the other side, going horizontal again. I fell to the ground and laid there, breathing heavy and watching the oncoming clouds. I looked up to see one more alope before I reached the top, I got up again and started walking, looking behind me to see the forest and the dark front hitting the front. At first it was stalled but than it forced its way through and decimated any chance of resistant from the life force of the trees.

I hurried and climbed the slope, looking into a hole which lead down into boiling lava. I felt the heat even though I had to be more than one-hundred feet above it. I heard the chanting again and suddenly my pain arched from a force that had suddenly been pressed against me. I dived, the heat getting more and more intense but I still hadn't lit on fire or even felt that I had anything to worry about. I closed my eyes and waited for the moment I crashed into the surface, but it never happened. I opened my eyes to see darkness again, surrounded my nothingness I just seemed to float in mid-space, gravity had left me and I had a feeling of emptiness, "So this is death." I said, closing my eyes and excepted my fate.