Chapter Seventeen

Kimberly arrived not long after the boys. They set up things quickly in the kitchen, and under Kimberly's Titan rule they began pasting, taping, painting, and glittering. Dallas was fairly sure that if he never saw another sparkle of glitter again he would die a happy man. Why do girls like glitter anyway? The stuff was hideous and messy as crap. He was covered in the stuff.

    He looked over and saw identical looks on Cain and Rylan's faces and couldn't help but crack up laughing. They glared at him and continued their work. They were actually making pretty good progress. So far they had made 3 large poster signs and 4 smaller ones. Kimberly was looking very pleased, so Dallas was relieved that he had been able to avoid her wrath for today.

    "You guys are just so awesome." Her smile was bright and he could see the wheels spinning in her head. She glanced down at her wristwatch and gasped. "Oh my goodness! I hadn't realized how late it is. We should probably pack up and call it a night." The boys couldn't agree more and swiftly put everything away.

    "Now remember, Dallas, tomorrow after practice we're meeting at my house to make cupcakes. Try not to be late. Mom will spaz out if the kitchen isn't cleared out by the time she gets home to make dinner."

    "Gotcha, Kim. I'll be there."

    "Great. Also, we should probably meet up before classes in the morning to put the posters up. I'm thinking we definitely need to put up the large posters in the main hall, by the caf, and by the auditorium."

    "Sure, sounds good."

    She smiled at the boys. "Thanks so much for helping, guys. It really means a lot to me. See you tomorrow!"

    Dallas walked her to the front door and when he closed the door behind her he sagged with relief.

    "Finally. It's over."

    "You're telling me, dude. I haven't seen that much arts and crafts junk since kindergarten." Cain said as he tried to shake off the left over glitter that had collected on his shirt.

    "I can't feel my fingers anymore." Rylan was starring at his hands with a sad look.

    "I say we shower and rid ourselves of the fairy dust and just chill. You gonna stay the night, Cain?"

    "Sure. I gotta call my mom first."

    When they had all showered and were proficiently deemed glitter free, the trio made themselves comfortable while Eleanor made dinner.

    Dallas had control of the remote and was skipping through the channels when he came across a news station. What he saw on the screen completely captured his attention.

    "A young New York City girl that has been running around Time Square attacking people at random and ripping their throats out is now cornered by NYPD's finest officers and SWAT officials. Friends and family members of the 13 year old girl say that this is completely out of character and that they have no idea what is going on. We are currently waiting on transportation to the New York State Psychiatric Institute.

    We have spoke with Doctors from the Institute and they are not willing to release any comments on the situation thus far."

    The camera man had his focus on the girl who was now cornered. Her dark hair was wild and ratted. Blood covered her mouth, clothes, and hands. The mad look in her eyes were accompanied by glutteral shrieks and screams as she attempted to make an escape. Somehow she had managed to rip a SWAT member's shield away from him and attacked him in mere seconds.

    A gunshot was heard and the large crowd that had gathered at the scene gasped and yelled in unison as the girl dropped to the ground.

    "It appears as if someone has shot the girl. She is not dead, but wounded in her right shoulder. Wait, what's this? She's getting up? Incredible! She seems to be unaffected by the bullet wound! "