Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Love and Jealousy

"Uh-uh, nothing indecent I swear... I think," I reply.

"You think?! Tell me what you did?" She complains.

"Ok ok," I start explaining. "So, remember how I told you I had powers?"

"Mhm mhm," her eyes brighten and she has a look of worry.

"Well, I was just warped into a different dimension not too long ago, that's why I didn't answer your calls and why I didn't open the door, I had to fi-" my sentenced is stopped.

"RYYYAAANN!! YOU IDIOT!! WHAT IF YOU DIDN'T COME BACK!?! I'M EVEN MORE WORRIED NOW!!" she shakes my shoulders and starts crying.

"Hey hey, isokay isokay. I'm ok now aren't I? Look, I promise you that no matter what happens I will never die." I look at her with reassuring eyes.

"Why do you have to be so cute?" she muffled.

"Hmm? What was that?" I smirk.

"N-nothing!" she hisses pouting.

Eheh, I've known for a long time that you've liked me. Ya don't need to hide it. Yeah right. As if I could tell her that. The thing I could tell her though is...

"Hey, look at me... I promise that I will always return here. If I'm in Hell or in another world, I will find my way back here. I can't leave you alone now can I?" I reply smiling.

"O-ok, promise?" she says blushing.

"Promise!" I reply.

A few boxes are heard falling in the closet. "Shit! I forgot about Lily! What do I do?! What do I do!?" A few more start falling and after that follows a "Guuh!" I slowly back away from Jessie and try to get her from touching the closet door. She gets up slowly and looks at me dead in the eyes, most likely with anger. "Fuck, I'm so dead. I'm sorry Jessie, there was nothing else I could do for her."

"Ryan?!" she tries to say as calm as possible.

"Hm? Yes Jessie? You n-need something?" I look at her with fear.

"Open the damn closet now!" she demands.

"Y-yes ma'am!" I shout in fear.

I open the closet door and out comes Lily. She's falls on the floor and waves at me. I wave back and turn to look at Jessie. She stares me dead in my soul and she slowly walks closer. "Shit! Shit! Shit! Bad idea! Bad idea!" I start to mentally panic. I open my arms and try to explain to her that she was part of the portal thingy. She punches my gut and steps on my toe.

"Why must my gut suffer this much pain?" I cry out on the floor.

"Wh-who's this?! Why do you have a girl in your house?! ALONE!" she yells.

"Th-that's Lily, she's from the portal thingy, I brought her along, please don't punish me..." I say in a very speedy manner.

"How dare you lie to me!! Men are horrible creatures!! You're the worst!!" she starts crying.

"Oh geez. Please don't cry again." How do I explain this to my parents? "Jessie? I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'm sure it isn't going to happen again. Not many people want to warp over here." I pat her on the head and caress her head. "It's ok, don't cry. I'm here to stay, I promise."

"I'm sorry Ryan," her expression changes.

"Hm? What for?" I ask.

"For being a crybaby. It's just that, you've protected me all this time. It scared me when you said another world," she replies.